U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 PM

591 posts, read 746,613 times

Advertisements

Is anyone on Sprint and getting LTE anywhere in CT?

I was debating switching over to AT&T in October when my contract was up but was sold the dream of "it'll be everywhere in a few months." Sigh... I'm still waiting here around Norwalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM

990 posts, read 1,351,987 times
I get LTE in Suffield and Enfield, but I am pretty sure that is a bleed over from Mass. I have seen a lot of tower work going on in southern CT though so maybe by summertime.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 9,224 times
Exclamation 4G \ LTE \ WiMax\ 3G they are separate technologies

I am in West Hartford and we have no 4G or LTE service available for the last three months. It is not really worth buying an LTE phone, if there is no coverage available.

Remember guys, new LTE phones does not have a backup 4G running. It either work with LTE or 3G. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I feel as I went back in the dial up days becuase I am getting download speed of .48 mbps and upload is .50 mbps, which seem like worst than dial up.

I say that you keep your old HTC 4G phones because they have capability to run on 4G wimax, which is still available in West Hartford. I spoke to sprint Technical Support about my phone and they said that we should have LTE service by the end of Feb, but it has been over three months and nothing yet. I am really disappointed in sprint and samsung that they didn't keep the option for wimax in newer phones. What is the reason for that?

Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 PM

990 posts, read 1,351,987 times
It would not be cost effective to both radios into a phone. Besides I am getting LTE in Sufield ,Windsor Locks and also Enfield. Lte will be in CT before you know it just have a little patience. I know for a fact that the work is being done in CT right now.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 PM

25,348 posts, read 13,675,412 times
Ironically right now I'm swapping phone numbers to a new EVO4G LTE phone. Been with Sprint since the Nextel Merger. Love em. No issues and I travel all over the state

Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 AM

669 posts, read 546,982 times
IMO, in lower Connecticut along the shoreline (Fairfield County & New Haven County) Verizon seems to be the champ in coverage (both 3g & 4g LTE).

AT&T is in 2nd place; coverage seems strong in some areas but spotty in others.

I'd rank T-Mobile in 3rd; they are actually quite solid behind AT&T as long as you're in a more populated area. Coverage gets spotty in the more rural areas.

Lastly, anyone I know with Sprint tend to complain a lot about service availability. I rarely hear anyone rave about their level of service with Sprint.

Again, these are my subjective opinions based on past conversations with friends/family in the area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,762 times
In Meriden. We just got it and it is worth the wait. And I have the iPhone 5 and it works great

Old 05-06-2013, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 11,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western mass and love it View Post
It would not be cost effective to both radios into a phone. Besides I am getting LTE in Sufield ,Windsor Locks and also Enfield. Lte will be in CT before you know it just have a little patience. I know for a fact that the work is being done in CT right now.
Well I certainly hope that is the case as my HTC One arrives tomorrow: I work in the Windsor Locks area and will be moving into Suffield area directly across the bridge from Enfield.

Honsetly, Sprint is woefully behind in LTE deployment and really needs someone to purchase them. I currently live on a dirt road in rural VT and have had 4g with Verizon for 1+ years now. In fact, there are very FEW places where Verizon doesn't have 4G: they are pretty much complete with their rollout.

If my signals with Sprint are terrible, I will unfortunately have to cancel the new Sprint Service. I also saw the Sprint rollout schedule and waiting an additional year or more is far too long.

AT*T would be my second choice, but they are costly like Verizon.

I bought the phone for $99 which includes free activation, hence my choice in Sprint as well as unlimited data and texting for a low monthly rate. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by oreobernard; 05-06-2013 at 04:20 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM

591 posts, read 746,613 times
I was in New Haven last week and saw an unfamiliar site on my phone around the NH Green area... LTE. I got it at Ikea as well. Seems like a test area in the CT market. I've been on the Hutchinson River Parkway just over the border in NY and had LTE. Stamford-Norwalk-Bridgeport would seem like a logical market to bring online ASAP. There's LTE to the east and west of us. Hoping the wiring and equipment is in place between the two areas. Just need them to turn on the switch. The big question is when will that be?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM

3 posts, read 11,474 times
Received HTC One yesterday: so far no 4G connection in Windsor Locks area so I don't know how the one user is getting it or where. Will try Suffield area of my new address today; otherwise, this phone goes back. Shame...great phone but less than desirable carrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut