Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:44 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,913,607 times

Advertisements

Imagine the horror these children had to endure. These two shuld be strung up, agreed?

Glastonbury Men Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Their Adopted Children To Be Sentenced - Courant.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM

885 posts, read 1,878,219 times
Put on an island they can't possibly escape with no food/water.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:59 AM

21,586 posts, read 31,077,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Put on an island they can't possibly escape with no food/water.
This, if the allegations are true.

One concerning thing is that there have been conflicting reports from the children. That, to detectives, usually means something is fishy with the complaint.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,728,957 times
Its says they will receive suspended sentences. Let's hope they at least have to register as sex offenders.

It gets tiring having DCF drop the ball so often in these situations. The two men also were running an illegal dog breeding business. They had 50 large dogs in the basement of the house. How could DCF inspectors/ investigators not have noted 50 dogs in the house ? Animal control was citing them for animal cruelty because they were not taking care of the dogs properly and were way over their license. And we should expect them to take better care of children ?

What a mess. What I'd really like to happen to them is not printable, but making them register as sex offenders is better than nothing. To bad the prosecutor doesn't feel he has a provable case against them.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:24 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,728,957 times
Just read Kidyankee's reply.

Part of the problem dealing with kids who have been through the foster system is that they are so thrilled to be able to be in their sibling group that they are sometimes willing to tolerate almost anything to stay together.

When some kids have seen rotten things and have had rotten things happen to them often enough they also can often take it to be normal and expected as long as they are fed and have a roof.over their heads.

There was a terrible case, similar to this in the Midwest not long ago. In that case it was three kids who denied everything going on in the house ( medical proof available), plus the fact that the adults were engaged in criminal activities ( organized thefts). You would think the kids couldn't get out of the house fast enough.

But no, all the kids wanted to stay there. Why ? in their minds they now had a family, they didn't want to be separated from their new found brothers and sisters. My heart aches for the children in these situations.

That too is going to be a heck of a case to prosecute because the kids won't cooperate.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
That too is going to be a heck of a case to prosecute because the kids won't cooperate.
It was a 15 year old kid who brought it to the attention of the police, though. I can't help but think of the possibility that a bratty teenager got into a fight with his parents and made false allegations. Happens all the time. I'm not saying I think that's what happened - but it's entirely possible.

Either way, none of us know the full story. We'll have to rely on our justice system to work that out. If they're found guilty, they should get the book thrown at 'em.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,108,670 times
If they were proven guilty, lock them up for life.

But obviously, this is difficult to prove and there are conflicting accounts. I'm not to keen on sending the innocent to prison.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM

34,801 posts, read 56,687,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It was a 15 year old kid who brought it to the attention of the police, though. I can't help but think of the possibility that a bratty teenager got into a fight with his parents and made false allegations. Happens all the time. I'm not saying I think that's what happened - but it's entirely possible.

Either way, none of us know the full story. We'll have to rely on our justice system to work that out. If they're found guilty, they should get the book thrown at 'em.
I know people that knew the family and they all were shocked by this. They thought the men were very good to the kids. They ran a dog breeding business and the kids helped out with the pups. Under the stupid laws in this state though that could be considered abuse. Lord forbid a family asks their kids to help out around the house or in a family business. Also the family lives in an enormous house (one of the Williams mansions) so I doubt they were forced to sleep in closets. Like it has been said there are lots of holes in the story. JMHO, Jay

Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I know people that knew the family and they all were shocked by this. They thought the men were very good to the kids. They ran a dog breeding business and the kids helped out with the pups. Under the stupid laws in this state though that could be considered abuse. Lord forbid a family asks their kids to help out around the house or in a family business. Also the family lives in an enormous house (one of the Williams mansions) so I doubt they were forced to sleep in closets. Like it has been said there are lots of holes in the story. JMHO, Jay
That's what I've heard too from family friends who live in Glastonbury.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 PM

83,401 posts, read 74,915,183 times
Maybe the title of this thread should be "What should be done with these two children?" if the accusations turn out to be false.

What the heck is being fed to children these days??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut