Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:32 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times

Advertisements

Well, Nep is hopefully at his interview by now. I wish him well.

Nep - Please let us know how it goes and good luck with it. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Well, Nep is hopefully at his interview by now. I wish him well.

Nep - Please let us know how it goes and good luck with it. Jay
I doubt he even encountered a lot of traffic in the morning. It is usually not nearly as bad as in the afternoon.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I doubt he even encountered a lot of traffic in the morning. It is usually not nearly as bad as in the afternoon.
The parkway was relatively smooth this morning, for a change. It actually wasn't that bad tonight either.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Oh, come on, Nep. It's after 7 PM. How did the interview go?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM

811 posts, read 1,738,846 times
95 was better than usual this morning at 8AM in Norwalk, probably around the time Nep was getting through the area; lucky. I got out of work at 6pm and encountered the accident in Stamford that shut down it down to 1 lane. But once by that, it was top speeds and then some back through Norwalk.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Sorry for the delayed update.

As for the traffic, I'm glad I left an hour earlier than normal. Google said it would take 1 hr 41 min, but it actually took about 2 hrs and 20 min. So because of the traffic on I-95, as well as the Merritt, which also came to a halt, about 40 minutes extra was added to the trip...ridiculous! Luckily I arrived at the destination 35 min early, so I used the excess time to relax and prepare.

As for the interview...it went excellent! I connected well with the interviewers and everything went great. I am a great fit for the job, but they still have a few more candidates to interview this week. The location was nice, too. Nice views of the LI sound and the location was just steps away from Stamford train station. So, my interest level is pretty high with this opportunity. Now I just wait and see what happens.

With that said, I need to get to bed because tomorrow I will be flying down to Fort Lauderdale for an interview on Thursday. It also sounds like a great opportunity, as it is a career change, and I would keep the same pay range as I did in CT. The only thing, is that it's a VERY small company. Only 8 people. I would be the ninth. On the bright side, I would practically own and control the entire accounting function, which is currently done by a third party. So that could be a good opportunity. But small business startups scare me. It's a $1 billion private equity firm, which seems interesting.

See you all on Friday

Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Sorry for the delayed update.

As for the traffic, I'm glad I left an hour earlier than normal. Google said it would take 1 hr 41 min, but it actually took about 2 hrs and 20 min. So because of the traffic on I-95, as well as the Merritt, which also came to a halt, about 40 minutes extra was added to the trip...ridiculous! Luckily I arrived at the destination 35 min early, so I used the excess time to relax and prepare.

As for the interview...it went excellent! I connected well with the interviewers and everything went great. I am a great fit for the job, but they still have a few more candidates to interview this week. The location was nice, too. Nice views of the LI sound and the location was just steps away from Stamford train station. So, my interest level is pretty high with this opportunity. Now I just wait and see what happens.

With that said, I need to get to bed because tomorrow I will be flying down to Fort Lauderdale for an interview on Thursday. It also sounds like a great opportunity, as it is a career change, and I would keep the same pay range as I did in CT. The only thing, is that it's a VERY small company. Only 8 people. I would be the ninth. On the bright side, I would practically own and control the entire accounting function, which is currently done by a third party. So that could be a good opportunity. But small business startups scare me. It's a $1 billion private equity firm, which seems interesting.

See you all on Friday
Awesome, Nep. Sleep well and good luck on Thursday.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Awesome, Nep. Sleep well and good luck on Thursday.
Thanks. I also had an interview in New Haven yesterday that went well. I believe I will be employed rather soon

Old 05-01-2013, 04:44 AM

370 posts, read 608,712 times
Quote:
Thanks. I also had an interview in New Haven yesterday that went well. I believe I will be employed rather soon
Yeah, but for how long...

Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Glad to hear the interviews went well. Good luck and let us know when something happens. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut