Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 07:33 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I've heard from several people that FLA drivers are the worst in the country. I still maintain that anyone that believes CT is really bad need only visit Indianapolis for a day or two and they will quickly change their mind. Worst drivers I've ever seen in recent years. Totally self absorbed and completely indifferent to how their own behavior impacts the vehicles around them. During my drive from NY into CT and back via i 84 I saw a lot of speeding cars on the interstate up to New Britain and back. But driving off the interstate I noted people were driving more closely to the speed limits in most cases. Still, it was a much more pleasant experience driving in CT even in the traffic jam on I 84 in Waterbury and also near I 684 in NY than dealing with Indy.
Florida have CT, NY, MA, NJ transplants good combination of bad drivers and also I-95 Greenwich to New Haven and Merrit Parkway Norwalk to Stratford is worst drivers in state.

BMW’s switch lanes with no turn signals or come into your lane very fast out of where, Soccer Mom Minvan switching lanes every 5 secs, old lady in 2016 Honda and Toyota has no clue what going on the highway. 2001 Honda and Acura in hurry get back to Bridgeport in and out of lanes with numerous close calls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 06:42 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
84 is NOTHING compared to the insanity I see daily on the Merritt Parkway and 95..... drive that, then get back to me..
I've driven I 95 a couple of times in the last few years. Still less problems than driving the highways in Indy. A myriad of problems exist with the drivers here including on the side streets. Agree that the DeMerit Parkway should be avoided. Won't likely drive that again.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:03 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
I always felt eastern MA drivers were super aggressive. But I rarely drive the SW portion of CT these days so I can't compare to there.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:40 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
I see "left on red" all the time, too. It's almost always a BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Lexus doing it. I'm a native Massholian so 5 cars blowing through the intersection in the yellow-to-red transition is pretty normal but I'd never encountered people taking left turns on a full red light before. I only run lights at 4am when I'm the only car on the road and that's after a full stop.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-02-2017 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Old 12-02-2017, 09:33 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-02-2017, 02:11 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I see "left on red" all the time, too. It's almost always a BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Lexus doing it. I'm a native Massholian so 5 cars blowing through the intersection in the yellow-to-red transition is pretty normal but I'd never encountered people taking left turns on a full red light before. I only run lights at 4am when I'm the only car on the road and that's after a full stop.
Yes, for real. After the light has turned red I've seen four cars and five cars respectively take a left turn on at least two separate occasions at different lights. Probably a few that I missed. CT is far from perfect on the roads but compared to Indy it is tolerable.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:22 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Yes, for real. After the light has turned red I've seen four cars and five cars respectively take a left turn on at least two separate occasions at different lights. Probably a few that I missed. CT is far from perfect on the roads but compared to Indy it is tolerable.
I don’t think a few quick trips somewhere would give anyone an accurate picture of how the drivers are in any state. If you haven’t driven the Merritt or 95 west of New Haven, you shouldn’t be making blanket statements. The drivers are horrifically angry and the amount of road rage incidents that occurs in that region is astonishing. I don’t believe it’s been published, but I can tell you for a fact, CT has the highest number of road rage incidents per capita than any other state.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:34 PM

282 posts, read 232,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don’t think a few quick trips somewhere would give anyone an accurate picture of how the drivers are in any state. If you haven’t driven the Merritt or 95 west of New Haven, you shouldn’t be making blanket statements. The drivers are horrifically angry and the amount of road rage incidents that occurs in that region is astonishing. I don’t believe it’s been published, but I can tell you for a fact, CT has the highest number of road rage incidents per capita than any other state.
It's published, and according to the article, you're incorrect.

The 24 Worst Cities for Road Rage | The Fiscal Times

Hawaii takes first, as far as state counts go. California and New York come in second and third, respectively.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:53 PM

1,241 posts, read 902,829 times
A study based on Instagram posts? That’s pretty scientific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post

Hawaii takes first, as far as state counts go. California and New York come in second and third, respectively.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:01 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post

Instagram hashtags? Is that what we’re using as an appropriate methodology these days? Give me a break.

The unpublished study I’m referring to were numbers gathered by law enforcement agencies. I’d say that’s quite a bit more accurate than Instagram hashtags.

If I remember correctly, FL came in second. New York third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut