Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 06:43 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,509,575 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Branford next month. I am moving into a deceased relatives home. I am trying to get a idea on monthly utillites for the home. The home is connected to Branford's city sewer system. I have been told that Branford's sewer system is part of my property taxes. Reading online on the town's website says there are sewer fees though?

From what I have been told. Most towns and cities bill sewer usage based on water consumption. Does Branford not go that route?

The only information I could find online. Water Pollution Control

Why can’t we keep
Using property taxes
to pay for sewer service?

One of the conditions that the State of Connecticut
required as part of its settlement agreement with
the Town is that a sewer use fee be developed and
implemented. The State’s position is that there is
not a very direct relationship between the assessed
value of a property and the amount of sewage that is
generated from the property. The Town was able to
convince the State to agree to the Town’s continued
use of dedicated property taxes to pay for the capital
costs of the sewer system and for periodic pump-outs
for those properties that are not sewered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Sewer fees haven't been a part of our property taxes in Branford since 2008 I believe (before I moved here). There is a seperate bill mailed to us. I don't remember exactly how much but it doesn't break the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut