Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:14 PM

10 posts, read 29,311 times

Advertisements

Just moved here a week ago...i've been exploring quite a bit, going in and out of bars/restaurants.

I cant seem to figure out where the 20 somethings are hanging out? Definitely an eclectic mix of people here...and i cant seem to find people that I would want to make friends with.

Suggestions? I've gone to McLaddens, Corner Pug, Cuvee. Are there any parks that typically draw younger people on the weekends?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,487,187 times
MassMatt, what type of scene are you into?

Hartford is fun on Friday's and Saturday nights. The bars in Hartford are more of bars and you will encounter many different people from hipsters to country folks. Some bars that are cool are Pig's Eye, Black Eye Sally's, Russian Lady, Rocking Horse and The Tavern.

West Hartford is in IMO a little more "upper" class and, no offense to people in WH, but they seem not to want to interact with anyone outside there circle. I personality, do not enjoy going out in WH because of this.

Other bars around the State are Sliders (great sports bar) there are a couple located in CT, Cadillac Ranch (if you enjoy Country) and Main Street in Middletown. Awesome places to hang out.

Enjoy.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:51 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Bartaco and Barcelona might be good options for meeting young professionals. I'm really not sure what else. I go to WH for food and walkability, not nightlife. New Haven is a bit far for you, but that's where it's at. There's a bar/club for everyone there.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Bartaco and Barcelona might be good options for meeting young professionals. I'm really not sure what else. I go to WH for food and walkability, not nightlife. New Haven is a bit far for you, but that's where it's at. There's a bar/club for everyone there.
Really? I think there's plenty here, but that's just me. Barcelona and Bartaco are fun for a young person, but so are McLadden's, Elbow Room, The Tap Room (50 beers on tap, not too shabby), Max Burger, Shish Kebab House of Afghanistan, Shish Lounge, Blue Elephant Trail -- these places draw young people all the time. Might not be on the same level as a big city, but IMO still fun. And if this gets boring, there's always Park Road and Elmwood Center. Both of these areas seem to be getting better all the time & there's some good hangouts here. Any of these areas are worth exploring, as are Hartford's West Side and downtown, IMO.

Last edited by MikefromCT; 06-15-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
The crowd probably gets younger during the school year, no?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
The crowd probably gets younger during the school year, no?
To a degree. When school's in session, you do see more students. Even during the summer, there's a good number of young people and more out of towners, especially now that it's nice out and there's outdoor seating in alot of these places.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:08 AM

591 posts, read 820,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMatt View Post
I cant seem to figure out where the 20 somethings are hanging out?
Boston, New York, D.C., and the Sun Belt.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 PM

69 posts, read 156,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMatt View Post
Just moved here a week ago...i've been exploring quite a bit, going in and out of bars/restaurants.

I cant seem to figure out where the 20 somethings are hanging out? Definitely an eclectic mix of people here...and i cant seem to find people that I would want to make friends with.

Suggestions? I've gone to McLaddens, Corner Pug, Cuvee. Are there any parks that typically draw younger people on the weekends?

Thanks!
If you want to meet 20-somethings, move to NYC, Boston or DC. Sorry, but that is the best advice I could give. You'd be better off starting your career in one of those cities anyway.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:35 PM

39 posts, read 79,283 times
Glastonbury has Plan B, rooftop 120,Hannifins, Maggie mcFlys.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:40 PM

627 posts, read 1,057,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formermainer13 View Post
If you want to meet 20-somethings, move to NYC, Boston or DC. Sorry, but that is the best advice I could give. You'd be better off starting your career in one of those cities anyway.
Maybe he's in the insurance industry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut