Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 06:43 PM

21,572 posts, read 27,817,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
If you find alot of jerks when you drive regardless of WHERE, you MIGHT have to look at your own driving behavior.. js..
Oh so true...

Old 08-12-2013, 06:46 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,088,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Oh so true...
I dunno. I drive well..never get tickets, never have accidents, never tailgate. According to this there would be no jerks out there. But yet...somehow, I see jerks on the road all the time...go figure..

My point is to say Connecticut has more jerks on the road is plain rediculous..go drive in Charlotte during rush hour traffic on I77 .... you'll see the same as you see here on the Merritt or 95.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 PM

21,572 posts, read 27,817,504 times
It doesn't apply to everyone - maybe you're a perfect driver - but it's a funny observation in general.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 PM

71 posts, read 161,351 times
Definitely more aggressive driving and distracted driving here than where I lived previously (Charlotte and Tampa). As I stated earlier I've lived in CT for less than 5 weeks and been rear ended twice in Norwalk! Neither were my fault and they were my first accidents in 21 years of driving. Lets just say I'm avoiding any errands in Norwalk for the time being.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:19 PM

214 posts, read 288,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTrunner View Post
Definitely more aggressive driving and distracted driving here than where I lived previously (Charlotte and Tampa). As I stated earlier I've lived in CT for less than 5 weeks and been rear ended twice in Norwalk! Neither were my fault and they were my first accidents in 21 years of driving. Lets just say I'm avoiding any errands in Norwalk for the time being.
It's your problem. Not ours.

Perhaps you should learn to drive better?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 PM

10 posts, read 10,974 times
I just recently returned from a 4 day trip in Connecticut (Hartford, Middletown/Berlin area, Fairfield County). It's definitely beautiful there. Most of the cities did not do much for me (Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport). However, I loved most of Fairfield County. Milford was very nice, Stamford was new and clean, although it is a bit sterile. It wasn't busy since it was a Saturday. Greenwich is probably the nicest place I've ever been. Clean, green, the mansions/estates were mind boggling, the Avenue is charming, etc. Obviously it's not surprising one of the most expensive areas in the country is the nicest, but I was nonetheless impressed.

Probably my biggest gripe was the traffic. I live in Maryland, 45 minutes outside DC. Traffic is a nightmare here, and Connecticut seemed worse on 84, 91, and 95.

Ironically, when considering staying in Maryland vs. moving to Connecticut, the one thing that seems actually cheaper is Rent/Housing. Connecticut has much higher gas, higher taxes, etc. But I actually found some reasonably affordable apartments in places like West Hartford, Middletown, Milford, etc.

Nothing within a 2 hour commute to DC is affordable. Studios/1Bdr even in the less desirable parts of MD are hard to get for less than $1000/month. Most decent (not wealthy) areas will easily set you back 1200-1500 for a studio/1br.

So I kind of thought I'd get serious sticker shock in Connecticut, but Rent wise it seems more doable than where I live, which is nice.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM

52 posts, read 113,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
I just recently returned from a 4 day trip in Connecticut (Hartford, Middletown/Berlin area, Fairfield County). It's definitely beautiful there. Most of the cities did not do much for me (Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport). However, I loved most of Fairfield County. Milford was very nice, Stamford was new and clean, although it is a bit sterile. It wasn't busy since it was a Saturday. Greenwich is probably the nicest place I've ever been. Clean, green, the mansions/estates were mind boggling, the Avenue is charming, etc. Obviously it's not surprising one of the most expensive areas in the country is the nicest, but I was nonetheless impressed.

Probably my biggest gripe was the traffic. I live in Maryland, 45 minutes outside DC. Traffic is a nightmare here, and Connecticut seemed worse on 84, 91, and 95.

Ironically, when considering staying in Maryland vs. moving to Connecticut, the one thing that seems actually cheaper is Rent/Housing. Connecticut has much higher gas, higher taxes, etc. But I actually found some reasonably affordable apartments in places like West Hartford, Middletown, Milford, etc.

Nothing within a 2 hour commute to DC is affordable. Studios/1Bdr even in the less desirable parts of MD are hard to get for less than $1000/month. Most decent (not wealthy) areas will easily set you back 1200-1500 for a studio/1br.

So I kind of thought I'd get serious sticker shock in Connecticut, but Rent wise it seems more doable than where I live, which is nice.
Are you planning a move?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:36 PM

10 posts, read 10,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecg123 View Post
Are you planning a move?
I was. I basically got a job offer near Hartford, but had to turn it down. Don't have any other job prospects in the area right now so looks like I won't be moving anytime soon.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 PM

52 posts, read 113,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
I was. I basically got a job offer near Hartford, but had to turn it down. Don't have any other job prospects in the area right now so looks like I won't be moving anytime soon.
That's to bad. Hopefully another offer comes up. What makes you eager to relocate?

Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 PM

71 posts, read 161,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-beat View Post
It's your problem. Not ours.

Perhaps you should learn to drive better?
My driving had nothing to do with it. I was sitting at a red stop light for one accident and the other I was sitting in a parking spot at a grocery store. Both times the other drivers were distracted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut