Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM

20 posts, read 29,957 times

Advertisements

I have been doing a lot of research and I feel as though I am going in circles! I am going tomorrow to meet with a superintendent and its not 100% that I have this job "yet" but I need to move within the next 2 weeks!!! We live in Hamden right now in a very small one bedroom apartment. I am unaware of my salary but if I am reading right it should be around 50,000 a year.

We Want:

Two Bedrooms
Small Dog friendly (my dog is 11 pounds and 8 years old)
My wife would like a garage but its not necessary
Updated not an old community either

I am willing to commute up to 40 minutes to Vernon! We definitely want an area that has shopping and of course safe! I have researched the townhouse at
  1. TGM Waterford but it got bad reviews...
  2. The Vintage at the Grove- but they don't have townhomes
  3. Town Place- right now we are in townwalk in hamden...
  4. The Hawthorne at Gillette Ridge- they have a town house available with a garage but no patio!!! My wife smokes on the patio and we want somewhere to hang outside! It's also a lot of money
I've been contacting people off cragislist but I am very nervous about this as their are so many scammers on their now! Like I said I feel like i am going in circles and I can't seem to find anything that has good reviews... I really don't want to pay a relator either, but we may have to go that route...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 09:20 AM

34,651 posts, read 56,437,947 times
Gillette Ridge would be far from Vernon. I see no advantage to living there and I think they are pricey. I would concentrate on the Vernon/Manchester area. Check out The Mansions in Vernon. We get a lot of people on this forum who like it there. Also Santini apartments and Deer Valley come to mind. There are a number of complexes in Manchester that may work too. The Pavillions near the Buckland Mall look nice but traffic around the mall can be difficult. Jay

Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,699,693 times
I see your problem. Of Jay's choices, none permit pets except the Pavillions . I'm no all that familiar with the area so have little to offer in choices.

However, you did mention wanting to use a real estate agent. Here's how the fee works. If the property is listed in the multiple listing service, usually the landlord pays the fee. If it's something the real estate agent has in their back pocket and is not advertised, then you might have to pay the fee.

Look on the real estate websites, like zillow.com, trulia.com, homes.com,realtor.com, etc. if you find something through a real estate agent there, just ask up front about the fees.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,598,670 times
I'll second the Mansions at Hockanum Crossing. Nice fairly new complex and if you get a garage unit it doesn't involve stepping outdoors to reach.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:42 PM

20 posts, read 29,957 times
I got the job!!! Now I need a place to live ASAP

Old 08-09-2013, 06:05 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,699,693 times
Look into Cornfield Apartments in Ellington. They have 2 bedroom townhouses with a patio and a small dog permitted with management approval. They also seem to have washer/ dryer hooks up in the apartment.
No idea of current availability. Online reviews that I read were decent.
call 860 896-7046

Cornfield Apartments - Ellington, CT 06029 | Apartments for Rent

Congrats on your new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut