U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-21-2013, 06:59 AM
 
410 posts, read 171,462 times
Reputation: 333

Advertisements

Anyone know what big retailer is going in on Route 25 in Monroe? Seems like it's going to be big. I'm wondering if it will be a Target or Lowes.

I do hope it's not a Wal-Mart.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 AM
 
363 posts, read 212,177 times
Reputation: 237
Where in Monroe?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 AM
 
410 posts, read 171,462 times
Reputation: 333
Near Swiss Army off of 25 (Victoria Dr) on the Trumbull line. It's supposed to be a 161,000 sq ft major retailer.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 AM
 
8,473 posts, read 9,837,373 times
Reputation: 4909
Lowe's.

Monroe will also be seeing GBT service expanded up the length of 25 to accommodate for cheap labor.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 10:03 PM
 
410 posts, read 171,462 times
Reputation: 333
That's what I thought since Home Depot is right around the corner. I wonder if this will push Monroe to install gas lines finally.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 AM
 
4,784 posts, read 8,018,685 times
Reputation: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
I wonder if this will push Monroe to install gas lines finally.
Several neighborhoods do have natural gas. I'm not sure I'm following you, are you suggesting that the entire town of Monroe have natural gas lines installed? Why? Who would pay for it? Few towns the size of Monroe in the state have full access to natural gas. I'd rather see sewer lines in Monroe, but they would have to go through Trumbull, and Trumbull has always resisted those efforts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 AM
 
410 posts, read 171,462 times
Reputation: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Several neighborhoods do have natural gas. I'm not sure I'm following you, are you suggesting that the entire town of Monroe have natural gas lines installed? Why? Who would pay for it? Few towns the size of Monroe in the state have full access to natural gas. I'd rather see sewer lines in Monroe, but they would have to go through Trumbull, and Trumbull has always resisted those efforts.
Along the main roads and cut through arterial roads, it is my understanding, that years ago Monroe turned down Trumbull's offer to extend those lines. That was a huge mistake on Monroe's part. I'm hoping that larger businesses coming into town will change that and make it more financially efficient for the town to have it installed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 AM
 
8,473 posts, read 9,837,373 times
Reputation: 4909
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Along the main roads and cut through arterial roads, it is my understanding, that years ago Monroe turned down Trumbull's offer to extend those lines. That was a huge mistake on Monroe's part. I'm hoping that larger businesses coming into town will change that and make it more financially efficient for the town to have it installed.
Meh. If there's one thing locals around here know, it's that getting in bed with Bridgeport on any collaborative project is an invitation to get screwed.




...........................And Trumbull is even worse in that regard.

Look up Quarry Road and Fairchild-Wheeler school for the most recent examples of Trumbull strong arming.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 AM
 
410 posts, read 171,462 times
Reputation: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
ook up Quarry Road and Fairchild-Wheeler school for the most recent examples of Trumbull strong arming.
Yeah, ouch. But I do think Monroe could benefit from Trumbull's maturity. As much as I'm not a fan of Trumbull, I think Monroe should take advantage of their geographical location to towns with more amenities. JMO.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 09:17 AM
 
4,784 posts, read 8,018,685 times
Reputation: 3115
I've lived in Monroe 20 years and can't recall a truly fair sewage deal from Trumbull/Bridgeport. I honestly can't see it happening any time soon.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top