Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:21 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,688,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
My favorite cup of coffee comes from Pattie Cakes in Glastonbury. They serve Baronet Coffee which is a local roaster in Hartford. I do need to prepare it myself though.

Many mornings we do go through the drive thru at Dunkin though. It is just a lot more convenient and they do give you prepared coffee. I too have noticed a decline in their quality and coffee strength. Not sure why but I wonder if they just have too much other items offered to be able to concentrate on coffee and donuts. Still they are very popular.

I am not sure why McDonalds does not put cream and sugar in their coffee for you. It is very inconvenient to have to do it yourself when going through a drive thru. For a company that prides itself on on fast food convenience, you would think they would would realize that this is not good policy. That is the main reason I do not do McDonalds for breakfast if I need coffee. Jay
What ?? Every McDonalds drive thru I go to will put the cream /milk spenda /sugar whatever in for you! It's part and parcel of the McCafe business model. Tell them how how you want it. Report the franchise if they don't do it right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:42 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Medium iced french vanilla light and sweet for me. In the winter I use the French Vanilla K Cups with creamer or cream/sugar at home. The coffee is good, wakes me up, is a good price, quick drive thru, easily accessible all over New England, and keeps me regular with my bathroom stop in the morning

Starbucks is too strong and I don't really like the idea of having to park, go order, wait, and make it up myself at some dirty messy station.

Speaking of Dunkin, and speaking of K-Cups, the apple cider K-Cups taste just like Dunkin's apple cider when they carried it. It's so damn sweet and good. My house (two people) went through three boxes of the stuff in a week and a half.

I don't really get the whole pumpkin obsession. Bring back the apple cider. T_T

Also regarding McDonald's coffee, I have heard good things. Someone I work with buys like 3 of them since they're a dollar a piece and drinks them throughout the day. They do appear to make it how he wants it...

Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
No SB's drive thru near me, not even sure where the closest Bucks is. As for DD, there is one in North Haven and Wallingford equal distance from my house. I found it hilarious that the same coffee I order is $.10 cheaper in Wallingford than NH, and they are faster and make it better. The North Haven DD on Route 5 by Big Y is horrible, the service is insanely slow (15 minutes for 3 cars to get coffee and maybe a bagel), more expensive, and they never make it right.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:55 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
Just a quick suggestion for the dark roast, extra bold enthusiasts out there who own a Keurig machine...

Whole Foods now makes their own k-cups. Their dark roast spanish-blend is INCREDIBLE.
My local Whole Foods apparently does not carry k-cups yet.

I did buy the reusable filters though.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:02 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
My guy hates DD and loves strong. He gets a pour over at Starbucks and it's cheap and good!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I love Dunks because it was the first coffee I ever had. After drinking it a few times, it grew on me.

I've tried other coffees...but always compare it to dunks

Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I love Dunks because it was the first coffee I ever had. After drinking it a few times, it grew on me.

I've tried other coffees...but always compare it to dunks
Of course you beaneaters love it. DD originated in MA. Should have stayed there.....

Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,688,340 times
When Dunkin was young it was better, it's been thru some big ownership changes. Each franchise kinda now is a fiefdom unto itself - except for the menu.

On a side note- there been a few different cases of Dunkin franchisees hiring oversees bringing workers here then paying below min wage and stealing passports so workers can't go home.

Whenever corp finds this happening- they take action.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Starbucks
Quote:
cheap
Oh come on now. How much are they paying you for that post?

Quote:
No SB's drive thru near me, not even sure where the closest Bucks is. As for DD, there is one in North Haven and Wallingford equal distance from my house. I found it hilarious that the same coffee I order is $.10 cheaper in Wallingford than NH, and they are faster and make it better. The North Haven DD on Route 5 by Big Y is horrible, the service is insanely slow (15 minutes for 3 cars to get coffee and maybe a bagel), more expensive, and they never make it right.
The one across from Stop and Shop in North Haven is the best of the three. It's like:

1.) Rt 150 Wallingford
2.) North Haven across from S&S
3.) Wallingford across from Walmart
4.) North Haven off exit 12
5.) North Haven near Big Y
6.) Wallingford off exit 13

The latter there being the absolute worst usually, though the manager is great and the service is excellent when he is there. Not so much any other time. The one on Rt. 150 is exceptional, but they, of course, are competing with Neil's.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:26 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
On the subjects of "better" Starbucks:

Milford (next to Chipotle by mall), Westport (NOT the downtown one, which is awful), Bethel, Derby.

All of which have great service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut