Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 02:06 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,071,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
NORMAL PERIOD FOLLOWED BY HOT PERIOD FOLLOWERD BY COOL PERIOD. Weeeeeeee

Chance of Showers today.
Showers/Rain tomorrow but here's the max temp forecast

Clear and Beautiful on Saturday on the cooler side
Chance showers Sunday
Rain Monday
Showers Tuesday
Then this could be the morning lows on Wednesday!
Summer arrives..... hello summer. Bring the heat.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:12 PM

76 posts, read 95,328 times
This weather sure beats the cold we had in January. I never thought the winter would end!

Old 06-17-2014, 02:18 PM

83,285 posts, read 74,525,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Summer arrives..... hello summer. Bring the heat.
Step outside. Nasty out there. Amazing difference with dewpoints in the mid-upper 60s huh.

BDL leading the pack in CT feeling like 92°. Record high for today is 95° set in 1957 exact same for BDR

Old 06-17-2014, 02:24 PM

11,243 posts, read 18,721,731 times
Quote:
NORMAL PERIOD FOLLOWED BY HOT PERIOD FOLLOWERD BY COOL PERIOD. Weeeeeeee

Chance of Showers today.
Showers/Rain tomorrow but here's the max temp forecast

Clear and Beautiful on Saturday on the cooler side
Chance showers Sunday
Rain Monday
Showers Tuesday
Then this could be the morning lows on Wednesday!
I've noticed in the past these GFS maps seems to ignore the urban heat island for NYC, right around NYC the lows end up being closer to the ones these maps predict for Cape Cod, but the rest of the map usually works out right. Either way, looks like this bit of heat is short lived and back to cooler weather again, who'd have thought?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I've noticed in the past these GFS maps seems to ignore the urban heat island for NYC, right around NYC the lows end up being closer to the ones these maps predict for Cape Cod, but the rest of the map usually works out right. Either way, looks like this bit of heat is short lived and back to cooler weather again, who'd have thought?
That's interesting! I sometimes do that but sometimes it's time consuming. Hoping more eyes see things like that and let us know. Always curious how close it is. The best was just 3-5 days before this heat the forecast changed 3 times and it followed the models changes as well. Forecasts are based off models so it was expected. NWS NY even mentioned the models went back to the heat after showing cooler temps. lol

Anyway... here's latest GFS for Danbury. Looks like the cool down last till early next week. After that is changeable but looks normal. Maybe lows a bit warm.

Saturday and Sunday morning look awesome!

Old 06-17-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalersfan1974 View Post
This weather sure beats the cold we had in January. I never thought the winter would end!
Tell ya..respectfully dont agree. Those cold winters make the warm summers all the more enjoyable. All the seasons thats what makes New England weather great.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Step outside. Nasty out there. Amazing difference with dewpoints in the mid-upper 60s huh.

BDL leading the pack in CT feeling like 92°. Record high for today is 95° set in 1957 exact same for BDR
Yep dont love the humidity. But its summer! I can live with 3 months of it.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yep dont love the humidity. But its summer! I can live with 3 months of it.
Agree on the season changes but as a personal preference I wouldn't mind if summer wasnt part of it.

But I learned no matter how cold winter is or how hot summer is, its pretty much over in a couple months.

Any guess how many states can actually claim that? Maybe there's plenty but even NJ they've gotten summer weather way before us so spring was cut short I think.

I just like to see my garden grow. Everything else is pointless this time of year.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:16 PM

11,243 posts, read 18,721,731 times
Quote:
That's interesting! I sometimes do that but sometimes it's time consuming. Hoping more eyes see things like that and let us know. Always curious how close it is. The best was just 3-5 days before this heat the forecast changed 3 times and it followed the models changes as well. Forecasts are based off models so it was expected. NWS NY even mentioned the models went back to the heat after showing cooler temps. lol

Anyway... here's latest GFS for Danbury. Looks like the cool down last till early next week. After that is changeable but looks normal. Maybe lows a bit warm.

Saturday and Sunday morning look awesome!

Well, I don't look at it with a fine tooth comb or anything, just noticed it a couple of times after you posted the GFS showing some unseasonably cool lows.....

Old 06-17-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Agree on the season changes but as a personal preference I wouldn't mind if summer wasnt part of it.

But I learned no matter how cold winter is or how hot summer is, its pretty much over in a couple months.

Any guess how many states can actually claim that? Maybe there's plenty but even NJ they've gotten summer weather way before us so spring was cut short I think.

I just like to see my garden grow. Everything else is pointless this time of year.
Like you say, the seasons are usually not long enough to cause too much pain. I was thinking if last winters cold was this summers hot..It would be in the 80's into October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut