Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:16 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,462,206 times

Advertisements

No, but what they should really do is shutdown the Exit/Entrances at 40 in Norwalk on the Merritt Parkway. They really should have this all setup from 7 but currently I think you can only get to the Merritt South from the 7 connector which sucks. If they did it properly and had 7 be the big connection for the parkway it would free-up a lot of that nasty slow down and hazardous merging that goes on at the bottom of the little hill where the Merritt 7 buildings are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM

34,636 posts, read 56,391,795 times
The Southwest Regional Planning Agency is looking at options to complete the Route 15/Route 7 interchange which I think is desparately needed. Extending Route 7 north from its current terminus in Norwalk will never happen. There has been too much opposition and no support from the regional; planning agencies which do not think regionally at all. Jay

Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM

679 posts, read 1,178,435 times
^^^ Nice. I agree. Something much more realistic regarding route 7:

Current setup:

GMAPS

CTDOT Plans: Alternate 21A

Edit: I found a better site map of the proposed interchange with directions...

Last edited by Tubeworm; 01-06-2014 at 05:49 PM..

Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM

3,341 posts, read 4,126,193 times
Jay: How do we accelerate the Rt 15/7 interchange update project? I was surprised environmentalists were able to get the project tabled about a decade ago. Where are the Merritt Conservation folks now that the Parkway looks like the Lorax and our trees decimated? A bit selective.....

Old 01-06-2014, 08:18 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,387,061 times
I don't get how come the state didn't put a barrier in the widened section through south Danbury and Ridgefield. It can be nervewraxking around rush hour.The Brookfield bypass is great, makes it much easier for New Milford area access.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:37 PM

514 posts, read 738,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
No, but what they should really do is shutdown the Exit/Entrances at 40 in Norwalk on the Merritt Parkway. They really should have this all setup from 7 but currently I think you can only get to the Merritt South from the 7 connector which sucks. If they did it properly and had 7 be the big connection for the parkway it would free-up a lot of that nasty slow down and hazardous merging that goes on at the bottom of the little hill where the Merritt 7 buildings are.
You know I asked about this last year.. I wonder why is it you can only catch CT-15 south from Rt. 7 it really sucks, plus having to get off Rt. 7 to go to the exit ramp to cross over another lane of traffic which is also an off-ramp.

I try to avoid this area at all costs, if I do go this way it's before or after all the traffic.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Jay: How do we accelerate the Rt 15/7 interchange update project? I was surprised environmentalists were able to get the project tabled about a decade ago. Where are the Merritt Conservation folks now that the Parkway looks like the Lorax and our trees decimated? A bit selective.....
Contact your town officals and have them pressure the state and regional planning agency to accelerate the project. It should be one of the highest priorities in the region but it is not. Jay

Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieB4 View Post
You know I asked about this last year.. I wonder why is it you can only catch CT-15 south from Rt. 7 it really sucks, plus having to get off Rt. 7 to go to the exit ramp to cross over another lane of traffic which is also an off-ramp.

I try to avoid this area at all costs, if I do go this way it's before or after all the traffic.
The interchange was only partially completed. To provide the remaining connections would require a lot of bridges and the project that was suppose to complete it was stopped by environmentalists and regional planners for being too much for the area. ConnDOT has since moved the money allocated to the project to others where there is more support but up until recently the project was ignored by the regional planning agency so it just died. Only last year did the agency begin to restudy it. Not sure where that stands but it will be years before anything is done there. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut