Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 02:24 PM

1,241 posts, read 901,324 times

Advertisements

This is all very good to know- I will have to go back and take another look. Thanks for sharing! (I'll have to wait until next week so I am not tempted to load up on the bear claws!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
During pumpkin season they have some of the best sugar pumpkins in the state available, without having to go to the actual farm and pick them off the soil yourself.

Their deli case features home-made products (like their lemon chicken, and their italian wedding soup) which you can't get anywhere else, because they're the ones who make it and they don't distribute it elsewhere. My husband also prefers their chicken salad to either of the supermarkets, and it's typically $1/pound cheaper.

This week by the way - they have loaves of Eddie's cinnamon swirl bread. They're HUGE loaves and they smell amazing. I picked up a bear claw instead for my day's "treat" and this weekend I'm making a few batches of apple crisp, so I'm good for baked sweet goods for awhile. Hopefully they'll still have this brand available when it's time to try something new though. You can't get it in S&S or Big Y.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 04:14 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
JGBigGreen (and anyone else who shops in the North Haven area along the Washington Avenue end): In the CT Natural Foods store, when you go in and turn right at the tomatoes, then around the corner at the next bin of tomatoes past the table where they often put the FRESH CUT BASIL and rosemary stalks (mmmmmm), there's the next table of bakery breads. Right there, you'll find the "big pastries" that they sell individually. They're in boxes with a big huge sheet of plastic wrap over the whole table. There should be a single-serve "grab-it" parchment paper box nearby. Grab a sheet, and then lift that wrap and look up to your right while facing that pastry table. You'll see these fat sticks, around 6 inches long, rolled around raspberry filling and drizzled with a little white frosting. They're I think $1.59 or thereabouts. Get one. Be sure to tell the cashier you owe them for it on your way out, don't forget that you ate it on your way to the checkout line

You can thank me later

BTW: Their "chicken soup" isn't very impressive, nor is their chicken and orzo soup. But their Italian wedding soup is delicious. Their chicken with escarole decent - my MIL made better but it's a passable second-best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut