Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
12z nam that just came out showing the storm much warmer. Mainly ice, sleet, rain all the way to the mass border. Not much snow at all for CT.
typical.... another bust

Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
12z nam that just came out showing the storm much warmer. Mainly ice, sleet, rain all the way to the mass border. Not much snow at all for CT.
Just posted a technical discussion here but didn't want to bore some folks in here

I'm more worried about ice more than snow tomorrow. We can handle 6-10" but any ice is dangerous.

It's all going to come down how fast the layers of the atmosphere warms up! Could be 7am could be 10am for southern CT

I do believe north of 84 stays all snow until after lunch. Close call tricky storm! Too many variables. Unlike snow in the teens this one is tough. NYC/Long Island may be rain by 8am. Just wont know until we watch the radar.

Speaking of radar... there it is. Case in point... what if it jogs towards Oklahoma City instead of Little rock? Than we get rain sooner. These subtle shifts we don't know until they happen and then models injest new data and produce new results.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,496,538 times
NWS is shifting from 3-6 with another 4-8 to 2-4 overnight and 3-7 of sleet/snow mixed. Sounds like it won't be a nice commute in Thursday either with temps below freezing and ice on top of snow.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
Oh Lord......the Channel 12 local news down here in Westchester just announced a mega blockbuster huge storm Sunday into Monday. I can deal with a foot........but 2-3 feet? Thats plain overkill....Even though we got 31" at my place last year on a Friday, it took the plows until Monday night just to reach our parking area at our complex. Took weeks for some to get dug out. This is not the kind of amounts or snowstorm people should be wishing for.....
Do you think its the news hyping it up?

Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM

sun-mon storm is done. its fish storm now.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Do you think its the news hyping it up?
Yes.

There is no way ANYONE can say with even moderate confidence that they have an idea of snow totals for Sunday. Just another useless media hyping event. Anyone who throws out totals this early would be scratched off of my "trusted weather forecaster" list.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:08 PM

Ryan Hanrahan ‏@ryanhanrahan

Power outages are possible in southern CT due to combination of heavy wet snow and icy glaze. #FirstAlertCT

Old 02-04-2014, 12:13 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Yes.

There is no way ANYONE can say with even moderate confidence that they have an idea of snow totals for Sunday. Just another useless media hyping event. Anyone who throws out totals this early would be scratched off of my "trusted weather forecaster" list.

Thanks. I thought it was too early to tell. I hate being sucked into it. I honestly cant stand mainstream news anymore.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:19 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
sun-mon storm is done. its fish storm now.
From Darren Sweeney (NBC meteorologist):

As for the big talk of the Sunday/Monday storm, jury is still out. I DO think a big storm forms, but does it hug the coast, or does the bulk of it head out to sea, both are distinct possibilities. Stay tuned on that one, lets get through this one first!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Just got back from the store where it took me 70 minutes to get 10 items and I am beyond infuriated at how people around here act at the mention of snow. Yah I probably shouldn't have gone today, unlike these other idiots I do stuff every day that I need: I have a cup if coffee or tea 2 or 3 times a day and was running low on tea, coffee and cream. I also make things with cold cuts every day (sandwiches, garlic bread, eggs) and was out of those, so these were things I actually had to pick up, not because I wanted too because I'm afraid of getting snowed in for a couple days. If you can't deal with the snow up out and leave, make the peoples lives easier that can deal with it. As I said this morning, we live in New England. It snows. Deal with it!!!!

But my bigger issue lies with the damn quacks in suits on the news that blabbel on and on and on about how each storm is worse than the next and these naive people actually believe them!! These problems start solely on those quack heads. If they disappeared for life and were only heard on blogs and websites where number of viewers didn't matter we wouldn't have this pandemonium we have now. So take my advice, get your weather updates from the weather app, weather.com, Cam and tune out these quacks on the media once and for all and maybe, just maybe a trip to the store 2 miles up the street from me wouldn't take 70 minutes to grab a handful if items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut