Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,186,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Just got back from the store where it took me 70 minutes to get 10 items and I am beyond infuriated at how people around here act at the mention of snow. Yah I probably shouldn't have gone today, unlike these other idiots I do stuff every day that I need: I have a cup if coffee or tea 2 or 3 times a day and was running low on tea, coffee and cream. I also make things with cold cuts every day (sandwiches, garlic bread, eggs) and was out of those, so these were things I actually had to pick up, not because I wanted too because I'm afraid of getting snowed in for a couple days. If you can't deal with the snow up out and leave, make the peoples lives easier that can deal with it. As I said this morning, we live in New England. It snows. Deal with it!!!!

But my bigger issue lies with the damn quacks in suits on the news that blabbel on and on and on about how each storm is worse than the next and these naive people actually believe them!! These problems start solely on those quack heads. If they disappeared for life and were only heard on blogs and websites where number of viewers didn't matter we wouldn't have this pandemonium we have now. So take my advice, get your weather updates from the weather app, weather.com, Cam and tune out these quacks on the media once and for all and maybe, just maybe a trip to the store 2 miles up the street from me wouldn't take 70 minutes to grab a handful if items.

I went to Shoprite on Sunday(that's our food shopping day) not even thinking of Mondays snowstorm at all......and we go in and it was like Armageddon was coming. I mean, seriously, there was a ton of people in mad rushes and honestly.....the bread aisle really was bare!!! Lol. I just wanted to buy rolls for my lunches this week and there was nothing.
Crazy........

Old 02-04-2014, 12:45 PM

83,325 posts, read 74,650,457 times
Since some folks are trying to spread more rumors without facts to back it up I feel this is necessary to say... I didn't even want to touch on Sundays storm yet, how about we deal with 1 storm at a time?

Sunday's storm is 5-6 days away, if you're watching the models watch for trends. THEY ARE NOT A FORECAST! Just because 1 day, 1 run shows 1 thing doesn't mean that's what will happen!

With that said... Sunday-Monday snowfall is still there. I will repeat again... there is no historic storm coming to us. Not even a Big storm...

To keep this simple... Green above the blue dotted line is snow. It could be a high ratio event so not a lot of liquid can mean a lot of snow. GFS is the closet to the coast with the most snow. Euro still has it. Canadian still has it.

The most important fact I can tell you is... what happens tomorrow will dictate what will happen with Sunday Storm!

That's why we cant look at the details yet... just the trends. Storm still there. Can it be less impact? Sure. Can it be more. Sure. But to keep reading its a fish storm or a bust is getting irritating now since it's providing false inaccurate information

Attached Thumbnails
February 2014 Snowstorms-models5.jpg  

Old 02-04-2014, 12:49 PM

856 posts, read 2,006,215 times
Ifs not just here. I was in a meeting and you would that tomorrow and Sunday are some kind of sports match up the way people were comparing and contrasting and citing amounts.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinJ View Post
Ifs not just here. I was in a meeting and you would that tomorrow and Sunday are some kind of sports match up the way people were comparing and contrasting and citing amounts.
Makes me want to never open a tv or computer again. It's sad.

but I think its too easy now to look at models. Did you know the Euro charges an arm and a leg to have available? Even to Pros. Sources like Weatherbell and AccuPro have it available to us for a cost but that cost includes so many other things not just the Euro.

Maybe costs need to sky rocket so it gets into the hands of better people and the free ones need to shut down.

It's snow people, not armegeddon! I'm kinda regretting this thread now but at least we wont fill the Weather Thread with a ton of posts. LOL. Let this one be about Feb Storms, not general CT weather.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:08 PM

9,704 posts, read 7,371,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I went to Shoprite on Sunday(that's our food shopping day) not even thinking of Mondays snowstorm at all......and we go in and it was like Armageddon was coming. I mean, seriously, there was a ton of people in mad rushes and honestly.....the bread aisle really was bare!!! Lol. I just wanted to buy rolls for my lunches this week and there was nothing.
Crazy........

If this was Atlanta or Alabama when they had that freak storm, ok I can see how that would be crazy. Not like there's ice or storm storms there every year. But c'mon, we live in New England, we get 4 seasons which is great. We only get a handful of snow storms and one a year, if that, that is major. Don't have to raid the store of eggs, milk, and bread. We'll ALL survive and go on with our daily lives.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,082,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Makes me want to never open a tv or computer again. It's sad.

but I think its too easy now to look at models. Did you know the Euro charges an arm and a leg to have available? Even to Pros. Sources like Weatherbell and AccuPro have it available to us for a cost but that cost includes so many other things not just the Euro.

Maybe costs need to sky rocket so it gets into the hands of better people and the free ones need to shut down.

It's snow people, not armegeddon! I'm kinda regretting this thread now but at least we wont fill the Weather Thread with a ton of posts. LOL. Let this one be about Feb Storms, not general CT weather.
Frankly..the media is a damn embarrassment.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:22 PM

754 posts, read 1,011,099 times
The media is doing their jobs. NBC does a great job on weather.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 PM

3,482 posts, read 9,383,790 times
Focusing back to the storm right in front of our noses, the big question is how much of an issue will ice be and where? I checked NWS and they are covering all bases, calling for snow, sleet and freezing rain tomorrow during the day. It looks pretty messy any way this shakes out.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM

38 posts, read 36,590 times
Here is what I heard:
Tuesday-Wednesday: 6-12 inches
Sunday-Monday: 5-10 inches
Thursday Next Week: 6-8 inches

When can winter end and summer come? Im sick of the snow. It is 55-60 degrees in Alaska and -2 at my house

Old 02-04-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Focusing back to the storm right in front of our noses, the big question is how much of an issue will ice be and where? .
It's going to be Potpouri of precip. lol. As advanced as we are knowing when ice or sleet falls is still virtually impossible or rain or ice when it's this borderline.

Upton did lower the snow totals and raise the ice totals. Boston still has 8-10 for northern counties. This could be a 3" sleet storm for many for all we know.

If I had to put a time on it.,.. I would say Freezing Rain near coast 7am moving north by 10am. Snow and Sleet before then. So like north of I-84 could stay snow until 10am before changing over.

If you are north of I-84 I would have backup plans for the day. South of there just play it by ear and watch those temps!

if it looks like rain and temps are 32 or colder, it's freezing rain falling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut