Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Food stamps and subsidized housing is a generous definition of welfare? Oh boy, are we in trouble....
Regardless of what you call welfare and what you don't, the number is alarming and would lead me to examine why such a high number of people have trouble feeding their kids? Must be not enough tax incentives for the ultra wealthy + laziness, right?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'd surmise the vast majority of people on welfare don't vote.

Can you refute the vast majority of neo-nazis support republican candidates?

How about overt racists?

What about white collar criminals?

See how that works? SO let's not play this silly game.
It's not a "silly game". It's fact in study after study after study. Of those on welfare who DO vote, the vast majority support Democratic candidates. Relax with the emotional responses and look at statistics.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Give me a break. What about all those white folks in Appalachia and the deep south on welfare? You think they're voting Democrat-- or are they too scared by boys kissing?
Not sure why this was thrown in?? Was not going there at all, and am a little offended...

Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It's not a "silly game". It's fact in study after study after study. Of those on welfare who DO vote, the vast majority support Democratic candidates. Relax with the emotional responses and look at statistics.
That's fine.

The vast majority of neo-nazi's who do vote, vote Republican.

The ten poorest states are red states.

It's a very silly game of finger pointing. But if you want to play why would anybody who has been or is in need of some kind of assistance vote Republican? Beyond cutting benefits and then cutting programs that lead people out of poverty, they really don't have much to offer do they?

I think we should have a better standard of living for all-- at least better than the Czek Republican which has 5% less (per capita) people in poverty than we do.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:44 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Regardless of what you call welfare and what you don't, the number is alarming and would lead me to examine why such a high number of people have trouble feeding their kids? Must be not enough tax incentives for the ultra wealthy + laziness, right?
Maybe you can explain what you define as welfare, and then we can perhaps find some common ground. I'm Honestly not trying to offend you or be the enemy. I'm Sorry if I did

Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Not sure why this was thrown in?? Was not going there at all, and am a little offended...
You can be more offended when there are states that don't allow YOU to marry. The point is, the Republicans have used social issues to manipulate lower and middle class voters out of fear for years. Gay marriage is a huge wedge issue. As is abortion.

Nothing was directed at you, but, certainly this is a factor in how many welfare recipients vote.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
That's a very generous estimation of what is called "welfare".

So make it all the people on welfare, plus this upper middle class business owner who employs ten people (none of whom are on welfare).

Give me a break. What about all those white folks in Appalachia and the deep south on welfare? You think they're voting Democrat-- or are they too scared by boys kissing?
Imagine the uproar if someone on my side of the spectrum said "black kids in the ghetto" SMH.

And yes, I think all the slothful unmotivated deep south moochers are voting democrat too. The ones who are not would rather have jobs than government cheese. That applies to us superior northerners too. Hail Malloy. Hail Cuomo.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Maybe you can explain what you define as welfare, and then we can perhaps find some common ground. I'm Honestly not trying to offend you or be the enemy. I'm Sorry if I did
The offensive part is being painted as a party of people who are ONLY on welfare, ignoring the millions and millions of us who support the Dem's positions on social issues that have a critical impact on our own lives.

Gay marriage is sweeping the country? We have the Republicans to thank, right?
Can you name a critical piece of social welfare legislation that the Republicans haven't tried to block since the southern dems all switched to the Republican party?

Both parties have their problems, but pitting it as the party of the ultra rich versus the welfare party serves no body well.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
You can be more offended when there are states that don't allow YOU to marry. The point is, the Republicans have used social issues to manipulate lower and middle class voters out of fear for years. Gay marriage is a huge wedge issue. As is abortion.

Nothing was directed at you, but, certainly this is a factor in how many welfare recipients vote.
Are you not in another thread, on the side AGAINST the rights of freedom of yet another "wedge issue? Gay marriage is okay, but if I own a baby seal murdering piece of inert metal with a spring that holds 30 rounds I must be a societal hazard?

Classic liberal cherry picking. I'm not gay. I could really care less what a states gay marriage laws are, but you can bet I will always support freedom of choice and keeping government out of our lives.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Imagine the uproar if someone on my side of the spectrum said "black kids in the ghetto" SMH.
How about this-- Imagine actually being a black kid in the ghetto (said it!). Horrible schools, few jobs, few role models in the community. No obvious path out. Can't play in the local park-- It's not safe. No parent at home after school to make you do homework.

I think their victimization slightly outweighs yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
And yes, I think all the slothful unmotivated deep south moochers are voting democrat too. The ones who are not would rather have jobs than government cheese. That applies to us superior northerners too. Hail Malloy. Hail Cuomo.
While convenient for you to think this, it's wrong. How would Mississippi ever elect Republicans if this were true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut