Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:11 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,011,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
However, Bradley is easy, parking is easy, I think the major long term lots are close to the airport, and a shuttle bus usually follows you to your parking spot and picks you up almost immediately.
Exactly! We used to park in the Galaxy parking lot. It's inexpensive and they have a great shuttle (yes, they follow you to your car AND help you with your luggage).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,309 times
Thanks again. I checked out Roncari's site and that is what I am looking for. In June, we flew out of JFK and used this company :JFK Long Term Parking(not the the actual JFK one with the airtrain) and they were awesome and same type of service as this Roncari's. I would probably go with Roncari.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:59 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,415,846 times
If you use Roncari and have AAA, make sure you show them your card- 30% discount.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
If you use Roncari and have AAA, make sure you show them your card- 30% discount.
I dont but thanks anyway.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:32 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Just tell ROncari you want the web coupon rate and they'll give you 10% off...

Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
Check Roncari as well. It was a very quick drop-off of the car and then a shuttle to the airport - probably less than 10 minutes in total.
Another one who uses Roncari. They are great plus they offer discounts for AAA members. If you go to their website, they usually have a coupon as well.

Bradley is very easy to get in and out of. It is small and I am surprised you are finding airfares cheaper. Still once you start using it, you may never want to go back to NY airports. Jay

Old 02-17-2014, 01:14 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It is small and I am surprised you are finding airfares cheaper. Still once you start using it, you may never want to go back to NY airports. Jay
It is much easier if you, 1) don't mind having a layover, and 2) don't have to pay a fare for 4 people. Many times, the difference between flights can be well over $100 each, so if you're paying for a family of 4, it can be over $400 savings (even more if you can get someone to drop you off!). For example, I just booked a flight to LAX for May. My flight for JFK-LAX was $310 direct, and my flight for BDL had a 2 hour layover in ATL or MSP for $423.

I like BDL but it really depends on where I'm going. There is no question that it is easier, though when I do book JFK or LGA, it's either very early or very late so I usually hit no traffic going in/coming back.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Another one who uses Roncari. They are great plus they offer discounts for AAA members. If you go to their website, they usually have a coupon as well.

Bradley is very easy to get in and out of. It is small and I am surprised you are finding airfares cheaper. Still once you start using it, you may never want to go back to NY airports. Jay

On Delta website from JFK to Montana was $948 each person......stopping in Atlanta then Atlanta to Montana.
Same flight path from Bradley was $702.00 each person. No idea why.
I dont mind layovers......as I posted , if you ever have to fly to Montana, it is quite the adventure. Long layovers are common because of no direct flight from here to there. Such a long amount of traveling time........

Old 02-17-2014, 01:44 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,773,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Have a question about the airport. We always fly out of JFK(creatures if habit) and their long term parking setup is awesome and easy. However, I see on Delta.com that the airfare is $200.00 cheaper per ticket than JFK for the week are thinking of going.
I've never been to Bradley at all and I was was really wondering how their long term parking set up is? Has anyone ever parked their? JFK is real nice, big lot and and a great monorail system that runs every 6 minutes and is very organized.......the airport staff leaves a lot to be desired though.
So has anyone had any experience parking there? Thanks for any info.

I would far rather fly out of Bradley any day than out of JFK. Of course, it's closer to my house, too, but in general, here are the advantages:

smaller, quieter, much less traffic around it. Very easy and cheaper long term parking at the airport. You can take a shuttle bus back to the terminal, but it's even possible to walk back to the terminal - I have. Or you can park for even less at non-airport lots nearby. Look for coupon discounts on the internet.

If you're driving up to BDL from the south, you should consider taking a back route through West Hartford and Bloomfield, to avoid traffic in Hartford.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:50 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,415,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
On Delta website from JFK to Montana was $948 each person......stopping in Atlanta then Atlanta to Montana.
Same flight path from Bradley was $702.00 each person. No idea why.
I dont mind layovers......as I posted , if you ever have to fly to Montana, it is quite the adventure. Long layovers are common because of no direct flight from here to there. Such a long amount of traveling time........
I travel regularly to North Dakota...believe me, I feel your pain. The destination airport I fly into only has non-stops to Minneapolis, so anyway you slice it no matter what airport I depart from, it is a full day event. Departing from BDL just makes my day so much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut