Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 11:14 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,109 times

Advertisements

BDL makes sense if you live north of Bridgeport If you're south of Bridgeport than it's a major haul to get to bdl because of all that traffic in fairfield county that you're likely to hit. Getting from greenwich to bdl at rush hour is a nightmare. It's 1 hour 45 minutes with no traffic. It's nearly 100 miles vs laguardia which is 26 miles away. BDL is a much EASIER less stressful airport for sure though, but it doesn't make sense when you're that far away. As others have stated, way more flights/less connections/direct flights from NY airports than BDL. BDL is not really a logical choice for fairfield county residents. BDL is Definetly the better option for new haven people if you can get the flight you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 PM

34,925 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I never saw this coming...but hope Bradley is not far behind!

For first time, R.I.
Remember that TF Green is able to draw customers from Boston since it is closer to many parts of the metro area. Jay

Old 09-07-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Remember that TF Green is able to draw customers from Boston since it is closer to many parts of the metro area. Jay
True, but it's interesting to look at numbers of passengers handled at bdl vs TF green.

Tf green averaged a little over 3 million people, while bdl did over 5 million. Tf green in the last decade has seen a huge drop in number of passengers. They used to do the same as bdl. I don't know what caused the drastic drop. Just look at number of flights per day on google flights coming from domestic hubs to bdl vs tf green. Nearly double the number of flights into BDL. Tf green has a lot of potential as a reliever airport for logan. It's much easier for people who live in outer 495 suburbs especially around the pike on south to get to tf green than to logan due to traffic.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:14 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
True, but it's interesting to look at numbers of passengers handled at bdl vs TF green.

Tf green averaged a little over 3 million people, while bdl did over 5 million. Tf green in the last decade has seen a huge drop in number of passengers. They used to do the same as bdl. I don't know what caused the drastic drop. Just look at number of flights per day on google flights coming from domestic hubs to bdl vs tf green. Nearly double the number of flights into BDL. Tf green has a lot of potential as a reliever airport for logan. It's much easier for people who live in outer 495 suburbs especially around the pike on south to get to tf green than to logan due to traffic.
Interesting to see this article today. Confirms the above facts on TF Green plus gives a tip of the hat to Bradley for growing during the same time frame.

Mark Patinkin: Fliers are finding it

Old 10-14-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Interesting to see this article today. Confirms the above facts on TF Green plus gives a tip of the hat to Bradley for growing during the same time frame.

Mark Patinkin: Fliers are finding it
It sucks for RI people and outer Boston suburbs people that TF green lost all those flights. It can take 2+ hours to get to logan from providence area. The traffic in boston trying to get south is horrific! SO much easier to just fly out of tf green. It's amazing that tf green lost nearly half its flights in a matter of a few years. You'd think there'd be some kind of regulation instead of just letting the airlines do what's convenient for them and move most of their flights to logan.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:48 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,853 times
I love Bradley. It's always easy in and out through everything from parking, gates, security, etc. Also I can get a lot of direct flights from there which is my preferred way to fly. Then factor in travel, it's about 40 minutes of driving. And finally for me, flying into and out of Bradley has always been smooth. Meaning you don't deal with the crazy turn ins and crosswinds and whatever other crap flying into NY airports which I cannot stand. Similar to Newark takeoff and landings.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:31 PM

15 posts, read 21,447 times
Default Roncari Excellent for Parking at Bradley

Roncari has always been excellent for parking at BDL. They are right across the street from the post office. It takes less than 10 minutes to pick up your car and get to the terminal. Be sure to bring your AAA card since they have a AAA discount.

They are very good about removing snow and getting your car started. They will jump start it if required. They were also helpful when I had to leave my car 6 weeks longer than anticipated. They are also very good about helping with the luggage.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:18 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnitfom2000 View Post
Roncari has always been excellent for parking at BDL. They are right across the street from the post office. It takes less than 10 minutes to pick up your car and get to the terminal. Be sure to bring your AAA card since they have a AAA discount.

They are very good about removing snow and getting your car started. They will jump start it if required. They were also helpful when I had to leave my car 6 weeks longer than anticipated. They are also very good about helping with the luggage.
wow - that must have been some trip if it was 6 weeks longer than expected.

Roncari is very good. There is also LAZ Fly.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:47 PM

The only thing that makes no sense about BDL is that they have no on site rental cars. They have a shuttle that takes you around. Apparently they are going to demolish the old terminal and put in rental cars and parking there! That old terminal certainly is an eye sore.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
The only thing that makes no sense about BDL is that they have no on site rental cars. They have a shuttle that takes you around.
That is pretty common for airports that size. Most of my domestic travel is to smaller airports and more often than not I have to take a shuttle off site to get a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut