Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:53 PM

330 posts, read 1,402,058 times

Advertisements

Finally - snow in Greenwich - I know, I know - I will be sick of it soon. But in the meantime - YIPPEE!! And how come no one here knew what snow ice cream was - heck - that's the first thing we did when we would get snow once in a blue moon in Carolina.
Attached Thumbnails
Snow DAY-dsc00940.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM

394 posts, read 2,003,042 times
Wow, you got quite a bit of snow! Here in Monroe we just had a dusting. My dh drove home from Stamford last night, he did say it was snowy down there. It was really icy up here last evening, but it mostly rained all night long. I'm not sure if I'm really ready for snow. This warmer than usual fall spoiled me.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:37 PM

333 posts, read 467,489 times
I drove from Stamford to Derby last night - this normally takes me 40 minutes - it took 2 hours. It was more snowy in lower Fairfield, but once I got to Trumbull, the ice was treacherous and there was almost no snow. I had to go about 15mph on Route 8 and even going so slow, other cars around me were just sliding off the highway. It was quite scary. It's been awhile since I've seen roads that resembled a skating rink.

Remember SUV drivers
- your four-wheel will NOT help you on ice. The vast majority of accidents I passed last night were SUVs.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:50 PM

The funny thing is we kept watching the news the night before and it kept saying a trace - well when we woke up Sunday - there was already about 1.5 inches - and it kept going for most of the day. Of course my husband HAD to have his Dunkin Donuts Coffee - and like a dum dum I went with him - that's when I started freakin out at people who couldn't get up a hill near our house - and one poor dude - spun out on Route 1 - and half his BMW was on the road - half on the side walk - and he couldn't get it off. Luckily we made it home without incident - and home is where we stayed. I know our neighbors had to be annoyed - we were up in the snow at 7am - squealing and having a blast.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM

262 posts, read 299,948 times
wow you got alot of snow up here it was all ice it sucked

Old 12-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Snow ice cream - sure it looks like mashed potatoes - but tastes much better - fresh snow+sweetened condensed milk + vanilla extract
Attached Thumbnails
Snow DAY-dsc00962-2-.jpg  

Old 12-03-2007, 03:39 PM

394 posts, read 2,003,042 times
Okay---I'm glad you shared the recipe for your yellow snow, or I might have wondered.

It looks great!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfludd View Post
Snow ice cream - sure it looks like mashed potatoes - but tastes much better - fresh snow+sweetened condensed milk + vanilla extract
Wow, thanks for that. Looks good!

We used to get cone cups and pour Sprite in the snow to make a slushy. How simple this seems compared to your ice cream!!

Any other cool recipes?

Old 12-03-2007, 04:28 PM

hehehehe - the kids were VERY skeptical when I headed out into the snow with spatulas and a roasting pan.
That's the only recipe I have involving snow.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfludd View Post
hehehehe - the kids were VERY skeptical when I headed out into the snow with spatulas and a roasting pan.
Too funny

Don't worry - just when you start getting tired of the snow and cold, Spring will be here! That's what I love about the four seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut