U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-16-2014, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Northern Fairfield Co.
2,416 posts, read 1,831,886 times
Reputation: 1010

Advertisements

At the end of next month, we are going to be having a couple of people up from my company's DC office for a trial that's scheduled at Litchfield Superior Court (located right on the Main Street in the town of Litchfield -I think it's called west street, maybe?). Anyway, I'm sure there are a few B&Bs in that area, but does anyone know of a regular hotel nearby that would be appropriate for business travelers? They will be renting a car when they arrive, so getting to the courthouse daily won't be an issue, and driving about 20 minutes or so would probably be fine by them. TIA

Last edited by Lalalally; 04-16-2014 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 PM
 
979 posts, read 678,917 times
Reputation: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
At the end of next month, we are going to be having a couple of people up from my company's DC office for a trial that's scheduled at Litchfield Superior Court (located right on the Main Street in the town of Litchfield -I think it's called west street, maybe?). Anyway, I'm sure there are a few B&Bs in that area, but does anyone know of a regular hotel nearby that would be appropriate for business travelers? They will be renting a car when they arrive, so getting to the courthouse daily won't be an issue, and driving about 20 minutes or so would probably be fine by them. TIA
The nearest larger choices are Crowne Plaza or the Heritage Hotel in Southbury as well as the various chain hotels in Waterbury. There isn't really anything appropriate in Torrington.

You can get to the center of Litchfield from any of those sites in 20-30 minutes.

If they want to be much closer by you can look at the Tollgate Hill Inn in Litchfield (it is a charming historic inn, but has WiFi and a great bar/restaurant) or the Litchfield Inn. Both are 5 mins from the courthouse, on route 202 which is West Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Danbury, CT
267 posts, read 296,121 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
The nearest larger choices are Crowne Plaza or the Heritage Hotel in Southbury as well as the various chain hotels in Waterbury. There isn't really anything appropriate in Torrington.

You can get to the center of Litchfield from any of those sites in 20-30 minutes.

If they want to be much closer by you can look at the Tollgate Hill Inn in Litchfield (it is a charming historic inn, but has WiFi and a great bar/restaurant) or the Litchfield Inn. Both are 5 mins from the courthouse, on route 202 which is West Street.
Lol what about the Yankee Pedlar Inn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Northern Fairfield Co.
2,416 posts, read 1,831,886 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post

If they want to be much closer by you can look at the Tollgate Hill Inn in Litchfield (it is a charming historic inn, but has WiFi and a great bar/restaurant) or the Litchfield Inn. Both are 5 mins from the courthouse, on route 202 which is West Street.
^Thanks!! And do you think both have totally private room accommodations? Peripherally, I appreciate the charm of a B&B; but whenever I find myself in one, I cannot wait to get out! Lol. Something about "rooming" with other people across the hall from me in someone's "upstairs" or eating breakfast with them in the host's kitchen, entirely freaks me out. And I'm afraid our visitors might have the same reaction as mine So I really want to be able to offer them some level of privacy. Thanks again!

Last edited by Lalalally; 04-16-2014 at 09:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 08:53 PM
 
4,787 posts, read 7,787,579 times
Reputation: 12529
I'm not familiar with the Tollgate but the Litchfield Inn should do. I agree with you, the traditional B & B is not suitable for business travelers.

The Litchfield is not really a bed and breakfast as it's a very large, sprawling building with over 30 rooms. All rooms are private with private baths, TV's & internet access. There is continental breakfast included in an on site restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Northern Fairfield Co.
2,416 posts, read 1,831,886 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
I'm not familiar with the Tollgate but the Litchfield Inn should do. I agree with you, the traditional B & B is not suitable for business travelers.

The Litchfield is not really a bed and breakfast as it's a very large, sprawling building with over 30 rooms. All rooms are private with private baths, TV's & internet access. There is continental breakfast included in an on site restaurant.
Thank you! I will call them in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 AM
 
3 posts, read 38,101 times
Reputation: 23
Litchfield Inn. Hotel with bar and restaurant. Five minutes to courthouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Twin Lakes /Taconic / Salisbury
2,256 posts, read 3,096,612 times
Reputation: 1811
Tell the company not to be cheap..

most reasonable place to stay in Litchfield..
helicopter would be my choice...

Luxury Accommodations Near Boston & New York | Winvian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2014, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
22,073 posts, read 36,408,702 times
Reputation: 5842
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarchand View Post
Litchfield Inn. Hotel with bar and restaurant. Five minutes to courthouse.
I agree. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top