Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Here are the stats of registered cars by town/city so the defense may rest:

Milford:
Ferrari 2
Lamborghini 1
Tesla 1
Bentley 2

Wilton:
McLaren 1
Lamborghini 1
Maserati 4
Bentley 5
Aston Martin 4
Ferrari 9

Greenwich:
Ferrari 93
Bentley 87
Maserati 76
Tesla 74
Rolls Royce 18
McLaren 0

New Canaan:
Lamborghini 1
McLaren 1
Aston Martin 23
Ferrari 33
Bentley 17
Maserati 18

Westport:
Maserati 28
Ferrari 21
Bentley 18
Aston Martin 14
McLaren 2

Where did you get this information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 07:47 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,832,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I came across this table in the Hartford Courant. Not sure when it was published, but it's fun to play around with.

Connecticut's Cars: Practical And Predictable - Courant.com

For example, there are 457 registered Ferrari's in CT of which 93 are in Greenwich.
The info came from this link I posted a while ago on PG 4. Seems like the link no longer works though.

To get back on subject I have seen 3 Teslas within the last month all on RT 9 New Britian/Berlin/Cromwell so I assume the owners live in the area. 2 were silver 1 was black.

When I first saw them I thought they were Maserati's. Once I got closer I say the Tesla emblem. They are nice looking cars IMO.

I saw a car on RT 9 in Cromwell that was totally off beat. It was a Peugeot 505 wagon TURBO. It had classic car plates so that means it's at least 25 yrs old. I can not remember the last time I saw a Peugeot on the road never mind a turbo wagon. That must be a challenge to find parts for.
I wanted to race him to see how that turbo performs LOL but he wouldn't bite.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:25 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Default Citroens

I was at a car show last year and saw about 5 of these, 4 older models and a new one. I hadn't seen one in decades and went to talk to the owners and learned there is a Citroen club in Ct. I asked the owner of the new one where there is a dealer and was told he bought it in Canada. The cars lower to the ground when ignition is off, then raise up when started. The older ones liked like little spaceships. Nice to see them.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:51 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Speaking of Ferrari... Ummmm....

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/643813077297684480

Old 09-15-2015, 10:09 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
I guess I was surprised at the thread. I don't seem to think of where I live on the West Coast as all that special. I live in the city of Oxnard California, a very middle class kind of place. Many would say lower middle class if that. I don't know. I know I will spend the remainder of my life living here. Seeing an exotic is a daily occurence around here. I have been a passenger in a couple Ferraris before, Driven a few Porsches before. One used to sit in my drive way. Cars are a lot of fun but to own one is a pain. It is for those of abundance. Exotics like to open your wallet and suck the money dry. Fast engines are not made for endurance. They need a lot of help along the way. Oil changes are costly, tune ups are costly. If you own one and are like me, with a meager checking acount, then you better love working on cars.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:36 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,605 times
This may be a stupid question but... do people buy these types of cars for day to day driving or only for "special occasions"? I didn't see them too often when I was in Westchester but in LA and the Bay Area this week I've been seeing them used for very normal-looking purposes. The best was when I saw a guy getting his bright orange Maclaren into a street spot between a Toyota and a Honda, in front of a Walgreens, this weekend. Otherwise I've seen Ferraris, Maseratis, etc. just parked like any old car at the mall.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:58 AM

34,925 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
This may be a stupid question but... do people buy these types of cars for day to day driving or only for "special occasions"? I didn't see them too often when I was in Westchester but in LA and the Bay Area this week I've been seeing them used for very normal-looking purposes. The best was when I saw a guy getting his bright orange Maclaren into a street spot between a Toyota and a Honda, in front of a Walgreens, this weekend. Otherwise I've seen Ferraris, Maseratis, etc. just parked like any old car at the mall.
I think people in the northeast are more conservative and use these vehicles more for special occasions than for everyday trips around town. You will see them out mostly on weekends. Jay

Old 09-15-2015, 02:14 PM

10,079 posts, read 14,952,774 times
I've seen a few exotics while shopping for groceries. Not so much the sports cars, but definitely four doors types and convertible types such as few Bentley models. Most people don't give those cars much thought or attention.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:31 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,810,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
So why was that Ferrari smoking at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I think people in the northeast are more conservative and use these vehicles more for special occasions than for everyday trips around town. You will see them out mostly on weekends. Jay
I'm surprised you don't see them regularly in Fairfield County. I'd imagine the culture in SE Fairfield County is similar to the western suburbs of Boston. I don't see many Ferraris or Lamborghinis, but I do see either a Tesla or Maserati about every other day around town here in MA. Maybe because they are only $100k, not $200k and up like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Porsches can be had for much less though, and I do see them literally every single day, usually multiple times a day. Porsches are usually driven by moms around town and the Teslas and Maseratis are almost always driven by men for commuting.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
I saw a Ferrari FF in Stamford yesterday. Parked right out there on the street. My anxiety level skyrocketed as soon as my co-worker clued me in about how much that thing costs. I think I would've had it roped off, with hired guards watching it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut