U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 10:30 PM

22,048 posts, read 36,355,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
interesting - just tried Pazzo's for the first time today for lunch and thought it was good, but not great. Service seemed fine, but I guess I didn't deal with the owner.

There are too many good restaurants in that Main & Hebron Avenue area of Glastonbury, though, to narrow it down to just one or two, or even three. I like Bricco quite a bit.
Try asking to ad something like spinach to your sandwich and see how much they charge you. Most places won't but Pazzo's will. Or if you don't like or can't eat what you get because of an allergy, they will never just say order something else. Even large chain restaurants will take something back, no questions asked and no charge. Pazzos will charge you. Sorry I have just seen too many problems there and I really am not a difficult person. As for Bricco, it is good but many times I find their menu difficult to order from. I think it is a bit limited but still very good. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 02:25 PM

42 posts, read 86,445 times
Agree with many of the suggestions in this thread. SoG is also a nice stop for a relaxing cup of coffee. Min Ghung is our favorite for sushi. The building they are in is undergoing some renovation so hopefully they are up and running. And Giovanni serves a good pizza and is a nice place to sit out.

As far as picture opportunities and places to see, the library is definitely an interesting building. There are other historic homes further down Main St that make for a nice drive by. There is also a charming fountain green nearby. For the kids, you could visit Addison Park, the biking trail from Smith School to Bell St, and the site for the new Riverfront Park which will shortly give the public access to the river. A ride on the Glastonbury Rocky Hill Ferry is a nice activity! And a visit to any of the numerous local farms for berry picking makes for a pleasant day out.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:19 AM

226 posts, read 290,531 times
We have been here for a few days now, and have eaten at The Mustard Seed Cafe (Glastonbury), Wang's Chinese (Cromwell), and Tibetan Kitchen (Middletown). All have been excellent, I think our favorite was dinner at Tibetan Kitchen--absolutely delicious! We are eating at Sadler's Original later today and hope to try one of the other suggestions for dinner tonight. Thanks everyone for the recommendations--we are eating well, local, and cannot wait to be up here full time. Househunting is exhausting and mentally draining, but I'm hopeful we find what we are looking for! thanks!

Old 05-01-2014, 08:42 AM

3,138 posts, read 7,448,909 times
Oooh, I love Tibetan Kitchen too. House hunting is so exhausting- I am glad you are powering up with some good eats. Good luck with the remainder of your search!

Old 05-01-2014, 12:46 PM

4,444 posts, read 3,591,186 times
good luck with your search. Are you sticking with Marlborough, or are you looking in Glastonbury, Hebron or Andover?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:20 PM

226 posts, read 290,531 times
NewJeffCT--looking in all of the places you mentioned...there's just not a lot on the market for what we are looking for...it's all about the compromise! (Now to figure out where we are eating dinner tonight!)

Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 PM

4,822 posts, read 5,164,847 times
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what ever happened to Raffa's in Glastonbury, and Frank Raffa?

Great place. Mom and Pop Italian turned Clydes when Frank took over. Great piano music along with good food.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:00 AM

22,048 posts, read 36,355,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what ever happened to Raffa's in Glastonbury, and Frank Raffa?

Great place. Mom and Pop Italian turned Clydes when Frank took over. Great piano music along with good food.
Raffa's closed down years ago. I think it was there in the late 80's but I have lived in town for 20 years now and it was gone when we moved here. The building became several restaurants over the years, some successful, some not. I can't remember their names though. The last thing there was an Asian place named Chikurin (sp???). During the major snow storms a couple of years ago, the roof caved in so that restaurant never reopened. They knocked the building down and are now trying to sell the lot for development. Jay

Old 04-29-2015, 01:58 PM

141 posts, read 135,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Raffa's closed down years ago. I think it was there in the late 80's but I have lived in town for 20 years now and it was gone when we moved here. The building became several restaurants over the years, some successful, some not. I can't remember their names though. The last thing there was an Asian place named Chikurin (sp???). During the major snow storms a couple of years ago, the roof caved in so that restaurant never reopened. They knocked the building down and are now trying to sell the lot for development. Jay
That's quite an anecdote about Raffa's. I hadn't thought of that place in many years. When I was a boy we resided in Glastonbury from 1964 to 1970. We dined at Raffa's many times as well as a number of other independent restaurants that were once popular in Glastonbury and the greater Hartford area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut