U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 AM

311 posts, read 437,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
That's exactly what it's meant for. Slavery doesn't exist in this country. 40 hours a week is supposed to put a roof over your head.

Again the rich are taking too big a piece of the pie and not trickling it down. GREED Just look at Walmart's profits AFTER they hand out outrageous salaries to their executives.
Oh and it's not really a "starting job" for most anyway. Look how many grown ass people you see WORKING(YEAH WORKING, NOT SITTING ON THEIR ASS) at these places. Salaries that don't pay a living wage make up a tremendous percentage of jobs in this country. This is not fair and needs to be addressed before we come like a south american country. Of course, maybe you like it like that?

"Exactly meant for" again, according to who? The know it all liberals?

Your liberal views are so weak, that you have to try to compare it to slavery. biggest joke ever.

Are people working minimum wage jobs because they are force to like slavery hundred of years ago?
Are people working minimum wage jobs not allowed to learn something and move up unlike the slaves hundred of years ago?

Salaries that don't pay a living wage because these people choose to stay at these jobs paying minimum wage, there's nothing to address if they don't want to learn something and move up. Many people have done it, the ones that don't want to, there's nothing that can be done for them except giving them a free handout that makes little economic sense.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
The liberals have still not explained why a minimum wage of $100 per hour is not better than $10 per hour. I guess deep down they understand that the federal government forcing a minimum wage for unskilled and unexperienced workers is a bad idea.

The liberals generally don't have an explanation for reality, most of their views and agenda are bleeding heart mentality.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
It doesn't need an explanation. It's common sense why.
common sense according to who? the liberals? common sense according to the liberals because they don't have explanation for reality.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Yeah. Why not just pay them 2 bucks an hour if that's what their "worth"? Kind of sad when you have people talking like this. There's a reason we have a minimum wage. I'm guessing you want no minimum wage correct? Just let the free market decide? Or maybe go back to slavery? Of course then you'd have to pay for their housing and food.
Again, minimum wage is set based on job skill, it's set based on other job skill and pay.

Your liberal agenda is trying to make people think, we are trying to screw people, we are not, we just want what make sense and correct, most importantly something that will not have a negatively impact.

Still using slavery to support your cause, then again, I already said, liberal views don't make any sense.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:44 AM

8,783 posts, read 15,382,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Again, minimum wage is set based on job skill, it's set based on other job skill and pay.

Your liberal agenda is trying to make people think, we are trying to screw people, we are not, we just want what make sense and correct, most importantly something that will not have a negatively impact.

Still using slavery to support your cause, then again, I already said, liberal views don't make any sense.
I, can't, follow, what, you're, trying, to, say.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:18 PM

2,604 posts, read 2,426,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I, can't, follow, what, you're, trying, to, say.
Who can be bothered arguing with wma. Don't have the energy or time. lol

Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Who can be bothered arguing with wma. Don't have the energy or time. lol
Well after you have been exposed with your slavery ideas and just same old bleeding heart concepts, I don't think too many people would want to continue.

Yeah, nice worthless reply to something as worthless. LOL.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM

2,604 posts, read 2,426,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Well after you have been exposed with your slavery ideas and just same old bleeding heart concepts, I don't think too many people would want to continue.

Yeah, nice worthless reply to something as worthless. LOL.
Well you can think what you want. I'm just happy that Obama got elected twice and CT is a liberal state and it's fantastic that Malloy passed a minimum wage hike for the working poor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut