Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 AM

654 posts, read 733,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
I'm liberal and disagree. I engaged in a pretty healthy debate even in my place of work on the matter. It's all about evidence. Course, I'm also both liberal and for the death penalty, so maybe I'm just an anomaly.
It's all about the evidence? Based on who? The liberals? The professionals and people who does this for a living that reviewed the evidence and knows the law already, didn't feel charges were necessary.

But you liberals feel somehow your views are above everyone and even the professionals?
That has always been the case with liberals, you react off emotions, rather then facts, reality and what make sense.

Again, do you see non-liberals react to Zimmerman arrested with protest and outrage as did the liberal did before Zimmerman was charged, and all you can come up with is " I engaged in a pretty healthy debate even in my place of work on the matter." LOL.

You know you are vocal and hotheaded, when you need to go marching and protesting in the streets out of your personal time on something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 03:42 PM

163 posts, read 239,395 times
I know. Actually giving a rats ass about someone other than yourself makes you hot headed/ vocal/ whiney/ needy etc... Republicans have been throwing around the same insults for years, and they have no more merit now than they did 10 years ago.

Back to the topic of this thread:
Yes, the CT forum has a decidedly right wing and FFC bent to it. It sort of stinks. I check in here a lot but rarely post anymore, because the pile ons and snide tones get old quick. It's too bad because I have seen interesting new members just disappear.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,005,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhpotter View Post
I know. Actually giving a rats ass about someone other than yourself makes you hot headed/ vocal/ whiney/ needy etc... Republicans have been throwing around the same insults for years, and they have no more merit now than they did 10 years ago.

Yes, the CT forum has a decidedly right wing and FFC bent to it. It sort of stinks. I check in here a lot but rarely post anymore, because the pile ons and snide tones get old quick. It's too bad because I have seen interesting new members just disappear.
Liberals raised spending by 10% in CT after they raised taxes the most in CT history.

Companies are leaving at an unprecedented rate

Our GDP is negative

We have one of the most indebted state and liberals refuse to cut a single penny

This isn't partisan its a fact

These aren't snide comments they're arguments for a different direction but. Our state has chosen their path and they are feeling the repercussions

Old 04-28-2014, 06:05 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,776,588 times
Quote:

You can always place the "loud" FFC right-wingers on ignore.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:38 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,378,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Liberals raised spending by 10% in CT after they raised taxes the most in CT history.
They should raise taxes WAY more on high income earners and do it federally as well. Top 1% are taking way to much percentage of the wealth for the amount of work they do. No reason someone should be making 20 million a year as a hedge fund manager while people are struggling with a minimum wage job where they work really hard and yet they have to rely on welfare and subsidies to get by. It's a complete joke.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:04 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,796,991 times
typical liberal mindset. although survey after survey shows that conservatives give more to charity than liberals, liberals always pat themselves on the back for "giving a rats ass about someone other than yourself ", when what they really are doing is forcing other people to give their money (taxes) to their liberal schemes such as the "war on poverty".

I give more of a rats ass about other people than liberals, because I want to lessen the giant boot of government off other people's necks.

Quote:

Old 04-29-2014, 01:30 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,083,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
typical liberal mindset. although survey after survey shows that conservatives give more to charity than liberals, liberals always pat themselves on the back for "giving a rats ass about someone other than yourself ", when what they really are doing is forcing other people to give their money (taxes) to their liberal schemes such as the "war on poverty".
Before you pat YOURSELF on the back, take a look at those numbers after you take out giving to churches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
I give more of a rats ass about other people than liberals, because I want to lessen the giant boot of government off other people's necks.
Yes, I'm sure the many, many people who are receiving substance through the social safety net would thank you.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:00 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,405,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Before you pat YOURSELF on the back, take a look at those numbers after you take out giving to churches.
Take a look at liberal numbers after giving to hood rats and able bodied jobless trailer trash? I'm not sure I get your point on this one. Your usually more well thought out.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:06 PM

21,553 posts, read 30,976,392 times
Quote:
Yes, the CT forum has a decidedly ... FFC bent to it.
Perhaps that's because 1/3 of our state's population resides in FFC, and the county next door, New Haven, has strong ties to FFC.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,378,432 times
http://www.sots.ct.gov/sots/lib/sots...on_results.pdf

Town by town 2012 presidential vote break down.
905,000 in ct voted for Obama 634,000 for Romney.
Landslide win in CT For Obama. Obama won every single congressional district in the state. Certain towns like greenwich(shocker) were barely won by romney, but even in westport, obama beat romney.

And this is with a incumbent in a relatively weak economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut