Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:24 AM

4 posts, read 9,863 times

Advertisements

Hello
Lets hope we find out soon what happened.Fully understand the play zone fenced
was talking about the parking lot and wondering kids.pro active to prevant.
No not common to leave 10 to 15 open foundations in that order around heavy
traveled places,large condos nearby,daycare,sidewalk,homeowners.Most builders put
the floor in and wrap it for safety if they are having are hard time selling them.
Osha does have laws on this in many states this is ilegal and might be here
they look like they have been there for 6 months.Being in the Real estate field myself
intown and CT the builder got the low price for putting them all in at one time.Selling
them slower than expected and new housing slump coming how long de we leave them open for animals,pets,Kids,Homeowners,wildlife.Etc.
How do the homeowners there feel about it.
This company owns land and commercial buildings all over the U.S. why would they want this carelessness on the minds.
Fence it or do what 90% of the builders do evan out in the woods put the wood floor in and wrap them for safety.
Mike J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 05:29 AM

Allso listen to what you said a few feet of the ground that is the perfect way for someone to trip over and fall in.Soon they will fill with water and we will have 15
inground pools there.Pools in this state have to be fenced by law.Not to say these
would be called pools but all in good safety for the people and wildlife of glastonbury
put the floors in.
Mike

Old 12-30-2007, 07:31 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamptonbeach View Post
hello
Tom M was a great man who I worked with for years.Very sad
to see this and he loved kids and his kids.
No updates yet waiting.
I did take a look at the Day Care Lot after being in town
all the time.
I say be careful for your kids cause on the other side of
the tree line a few feet away is a open foundation with 8foot drops
there should be a fence up ASAP!Not sure if this is what happened
to Tom M but the builder or the Day Care should get a fence up.
This is not the Day cares fault but might be good to be pro active
for roaming children.The builder has about 10 open foundations threwout the project very poor planning and dangerous law is fence it ot cover it.
Lets hope Tom M did not fall in this poor builders CHEAP PLANNING
AND OVER PRICED HOMES!
OSHA is out there not sure the town enforcing this.
Thanks
Mike J
Mike, you obviously have no clue how day cares work.

1. It is state regulation that no child be left unattended at any time. Period. It's a zero tollerance policy. My wife has had to fire people just for leaving a child for 20 seconds - sometimes still within distant eye sight.

2. The children never ever can go outside of the center. Kids are dropped off inside the center which has a keycode operated door and their "outside" time is in a fenced in play area with teachers watching the whole time...and before you say it, there are state mandated student/teacher ratios so there can not be 20 kids to one teacher.

3. Tom was beaten to death. You don't get that from falling into a hole. Sorry to be so graphic but as stated my wife runs one of the two BH centers in town. This is first hand information.

Please do not bring the day care into question. I has nothing to do with them aside from "Tom" simply being found in their parking lot. The BH center is a top grade child care center and does not deserve any bad stigma simply based on the situation.

I too am sorry your friend was lost. If I were you and wished to do something, I would contact the police and see how you can help instead of being on a crusade towards a home builder. Just my opinion.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:12 AM

Hello
Your reading this wrong the word ProActive nothing against the day care
but just thinking about during drop off a child running off and falling in while
with there drop off party.This open foundations are very dangerous period
and within a very close range of the day care if we save a child thats all that counts
not who to blame.The day care is TOP Notch im sure but Pro Active to prevent
if it was my daycare there would be a fence period.Why wait to have a running child
go between the tree line and get hurt.
I have nothing against the builder but I have small children my self and could not
imagine these none fenced open foundations around homes,condos,daycares,citysidewalks.
To prevant!
Pro Active!
What could it hurt fence or install floor,dont leave a 8 foot deep foundation
up with a 2 or 3 foot trip wall.
You know more than eye on what happened to Tom M.I will look into
it and find who did this if need be.
Thanks
Mike J
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut