U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 PM

10 posts, read 8,210 times

Advertisements

Thank you guys. If I take train from Branford is it safe to leave my car in the train station? How easy is it to get a parking spot there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 09:20 PM

13,393 posts, read 16,046,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anujaise View Post
Thank you guys. If I take train from Branford is it safe to leave my car in the train station? How easy is it to get a parking spot there?
Yes very safe. Can't comment on parking. Just keep in mind there aren't a ton of trains on that line, not like Metro North.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:25 AM

1,067 posts, read 893,581 times
My girlfriend takes the bus from the Branford commuter lot every day to and from work in New Haven. She works right next to Yale. I drop her off on my way to work and pick her up after. Her company pays full for her bus pass. Beats paying $11 dollars at the garage every day. I think its like a dollar or two from Branford to New Haven. The bus ride is pretty quick and she never has any issues. They also surprisingly run in the bad winter weather as well. I had to maybe drive her in 1 day this past winter.

If you choose to drive its a easy commute. You can just take Route 1 right into New Haven and avoid the highway.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:15 AM

645 posts, read 1,678,384 times
Parking at the Branford train station was recently expanded, so it should be feasible to find a spot. Of course, it's always easier to get a good spot if you are taking an earlier train.

The Shore Line East schedule going into New Haven is here:
Shore Line East Westbound Weekday Schedule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut