Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:19 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It makes you angry when us liberals don't live up to the ridiculous false stereotypes that you believe in? Complain to Rush Limbaugh, not us.
Are you denying liberal Connecticut is being hypocritical for not taking them in or the state is not deep blue, mlassoff?

You deflect. The issue isn't Rush or stereotypes. It is a fact Connecticut has denied these children temporary shelter and residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are you denying liberal Connecticut is being hypocritical for not taking them in or the state is not deep blue, mlassoff?
Absolutely. The whole idea is absurd and based on your purposeful misunderstanding of liberal positions.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:

You deflect. The issue isn't Rush or stereotypes. It is a fact Connecticut has denied these children temporary shelter and residence.
You are acting delusional.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:17 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
It makes you angry when us liberals don't live up to the ridiculous false stereotypes that you believe in? Complain to Rush Limbaugh, not us.
Sorry but it has been liberals who welcomed these people to the country and encourage this type ofn thing. But none of those big mouths like Pelosi are offering their districts, their homes, their wealth. Hypocrites. How about they put their money where their mouth is? Downsize their lavish life styles and give most to these illegals. Bring them into THEIR districts.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:26 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times
Quote:
As a former longtime Connecticut resident, I am not surprised that Connecticut residents won't put their money where their liberal mouths are and take in some of these children. This deep blue state loves to vote a liberal platform, but are such hypocrites. I find this all-talk-no-action disgusting and typical liberal, " I'm for it as long as it is Not In My BackYard." Yeah, I'm angry.
Or maybe some liberals actually have a clear line between "humanitarian effort" and "being taken advantage of". I know plenty of liberals who strongly disagree with the welfare state of our country along with many other typically liberal issues because they feel "exploited" and it costs a fortune. Unfortunately they indirectly vote for it based on other issues they more strongly support when it comes to elected candidates.

This situation however, they had the luxury of voting on a specific event of a specific issue:and they did the right thing. and this is coming from someone who disagrees with the liberal institution on pretty much everything except civil/personal rights issues.

Blaming someone for doing what you would do because it doesn't meet your predetermined expectations of what they ordinarily MIGHT do is absurd. How can you ever be pleased? Maybe it's easy for you to do living in a red state, but here, "behind enemy lines" I am going to support any smidgen of financial or social responsibility made by our government.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Sorry but it has been liberals who welcomed these people to the country and encourage this type ofn thing. But none of those big mouths like Pelosi are offering their districts, their homes, their wealth. Hypocrites. How about they put their money where their mouth is? Downsize their lavish life styles and give most to these illegals. Bring them into THEIR districts.
I don't know anyone who welcomes or encourages illegal immigration. If they do, they're a nutty, fringe lunatic.

How we handle them once they're here is certainly a matter of debate...

But again, the real problem with your statement is that you have a nonsensical idea of what typical liberal positions are.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:31 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
THAT is hypocrisy. How do you not see the difference? Pelosi/obama and friends are the ones TRYING to keep them while at the same time distributing them out like party favors to different regions of the country. CT, as far as I'm aware, NEVER made any official statement in support of the current situation.

Analogy: I am completely and utterly in support of our 2A rights, but I don't think violent criminals should have weapons. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
I don't know anyone who welcomes or encourages illegal immigration. If they do, they're a nutty, fringe lunatic.

But again, the real problem with your statement is that you have a nonsensical idea of what typical liberal positions are.
Democrats .mostly, and some establishment GOP are for amnesty. Pelosi went to see some of these kids and said we are all Americans. Michelle spoke to a Latino group and just about encouraged illegal immigration. Some argue for open borders....some being people in our government.

And didn't Connecticut offer in state tuition for illegal. Stuff like that is just encouraging it. We've long known the border isnt secure but done little to fix it. This sudden inrush is also not coincidental. I believe the government knew it was coming and dis nothing to try and stop it.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:

This is exactly right. Here in Massachusetts I don't know of anyone, liberal or not, who supports illegal immigration. A lot of us vote Democratic for various other reasons and this crazy issue of letting people in illegally gets lumped in with our vote.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:

These kids are HERE. They need to be housed, fed, receive medical attention NOW. Connecticut offered nothing...turned their back.

This is not a philosophical debate or hypothetical situation. I am done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut