Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:30 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx10461 View Post
Milford is nice and hate to say it sort of boring they try to do things like the oyster feast with is nice but that downtown is very very slow pace and most times empty on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and not sure on the other neighborhoods are like but mine is pretty much like a cemetery
Funny you say that, as many on here complain it's congested/crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 03:31 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I have been watching this price range in Fairfield. There were more homes on the market in this price range in the Spring. Now it appears to have been picked over. Still it is a very tough price range for a 4 bedroom in Fairfield. Looks like you have been watching it too. Do I see a name change in the future??? Jay

I thought it was going to occur awhile ago, but that market(and another small market somewhere) hasn't been cooperating. Few listings, and when they do come up, people overspend.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM

678 posts, read 847,199 times
I spent a good hour yesterday looking in the 06825 area code. It looks like such a prime area. If my income was 100k+ and I'm in my early 30s, I would LOVE to live in Fairfield. It seems so optimal within (Lower) FFC. Everything is around plus the new train station looks solid. I would hate having the Parkway and I-95 as my major roads, though. Ugh. x_x #TeamI-84

Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 PM

173 posts, read 220,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Downtown New Haven or Downtown Stamford
Stamford!

Old 09-08-2014, 06:06 PM

173 posts, read 220,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Funny you say that, as many on here complain it's congested/crowded.
Maybe they are thinking about Route1 with all the stores which is a perk in Milford you have every kind of store you want

Old 09-08-2014, 06:21 PM

588 posts, read 1,320,601 times
I only skimmed the posts so apologies if I missed this, but why are you looking in CT? 250k is a really tough budget in the NY metro area, but it's especially hard when looking in CT. If you both work in NYC, the parts of CT that have a decent commute are way out of your price range. Have you looked at the south shore of Long Island or Rockland County?

Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM

722 posts, read 1,982,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derese View Post
Sorry for the misspelled word yes I meant in-expensive... Well my Husband works in NYC and I am next in line for a really good job. Two hours away from the city is my limit any further away wouldn't be ideal. I heard Hartford has a horrible school system this is why I said no Hartford. We want to live in CT but continue to work in the city unless I could find a decent job close to the place we will be living in CT. Greenwich is very expensive so that's out of our league. I was going to settle with New Haven but I heard it's really bad there. I was looking into Milford but it seems a bit far from the city.

Does anyone know about Nagautuck CT?

If you were to move to Naugatuck, your husband must be willing to get used to a 2 1/2 hour train ride. However, there are many people who do this up here, especially corrections officers, MTA service workers, etc who dream of owning a home.

Have you thought of Shelton? It's more expensive than Naugatuck but closer to NYC with better schools.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:28 PM

14 posts, read 15,591 times
The highest I would go for our first house would be $275,000. I have done research and I've seen some homes for that price and a little lower. Which isn't bad. My husband sometimes takes the train to the Bronx and that commute is 2 hours and that's during rush hour. I know some non profit home buying companies out here in NYC that is going to help us find a home for our budget but my Husband and I need to come to an absolute agreement as to where we want to live. We have a friend in Nagautuck but we don't like it too much out there. I originally didn't want to stay in New Haven because of it's crime but I've been hearing that, that might be my best option and there are really nice safe places in New Haven that we can live. We will be driving down there soon to scope out a few places and see whats what.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:32 PM

I have never heard of Shelton I'm going to research the area and see if we would like it. There is absolutely nothing more expensive than NYC in my opinion (laugh out loud) a house out here is ridiculous! My mom has her own house but wants to rent it out to live with us. She doesn't want to be alone and she is going to miss the kids too much. So if Anything I'm sure my Mom would pitch in to help us out if we found a house in a desirable area and it's a bit out of our price range.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:33 PM

You guys have been an awesome help to us. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. We thank you dearly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut