Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 05:58 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derese View Post
Hello Everyone,

My family and I are moving to Connecticut, but we don't know an en-expensive place to live with great schools. I have two children who are in elementary and a one year old. We want to choose a place close to NYC not too close but an easy commute by car and train. We definitely want to live in a Suburb with cool kid friendly things to do. No Hartford or Bridgeport. I heard New Haven is bad and violent? Please help I need some where residential, has great Schools, easy commute to NYC (we work there), SAFE, and not too boring! Thanks everyone!
What about Darien, Connecticut? I-84 west near NY state line? Or the area not far from Newtown that unfortunately has an unsafe reputation because of one lunatic who honestly could have done the same massacre in any other town. But maybe because of the stigma, Sandy Hook area may have gone down in cost of living for what you get for it and it's not unsafe, in fact because of what happened its extra safe now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 06:03 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derese View Post
Sorry for the late reply everyone. right now the most we can spend for a house is about $250,000. If we can get a four bedroom house then my mom will come live with us and she will be with the kids until one f us can find a good job in CT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
What about Darien, Connecticut?
Do tell us where the $250K homes can be found in Darien....

Old 09-11-2014, 07:01 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Do tell us where the $250K homes can be found in Darien....

Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx10461 View Post
Those homes are sometimes for low income family's when I was looking in Fairfield I looked into that area as well and couldn't purchase it
I know the street. This is a single family cape that is about 60 years old. No income limits there. You may be thinking opf somewhere else like Javitz Court which is convert miltary housing. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut