Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times

Advertisements

I know there are a bunch of you.

1. What made you move?
2. Do you want to go back to CA?
3. How did you find the new CT neighbors?
4. What area did you choose?
5. Was that area the right choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 08:57 AM

369 posts, read 1,960,390 times
I can't believe that there have been no replies to this yet, Bob...CA native here, planning on relocating to Lyme, CT in the summer...I have been watching your post because I always like to see why other Californians are heading to CT. Maybe now that the rush of the holidays is over, people will have time to reflect on their motivation and experiences and respond...

Old 01-06-2008, 02:08 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times
Check Out this post

http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...tte-court.html

perhaps you could exchange feelings with this member, moving here (to Avon)from the San Francisco Bay area.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 PM

330 posts, read 1,402,058 times
1 - My husband accepted a job in Greenwich
2 - Absolutely not
3 - Our immediate neighbors are extremely nice, but out in the community - a little aloof - much like Los Angeles.
4 - Greenwich
5 - I think it was a good choice. Our quality of life is better now that we aren't wasting countless hours sitting on CA freeways. Air quality is better. Mass transit is better - we can get to the city in a blink.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:07 PM

640 posts, read 2,012,258 times
There are a lot of Californians moving to the Farmington Valley...

Old 01-12-2008, 07:33 PM

66 posts, read 346,803 times
We have a lot here in Madison. Either they come to work at Yale as Dr.'s for more training or they are in the defense fields. They get a lot more for the money like myself coming from Ridgefield, CT and Harrison, NY

Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofCT View Post
We have a lot here in Madison. Either they come to work at Yale as Dr.'s for more training or they are in the defense fields. They get a lot more for the money like myself coming from Ridgefield, CT and Harrison, NY
Out

I read another post of yours. You think Madison is a bit too BMW for your taste? To many nanny kids? What do you think about Litchfield County?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:49 PM

41 posts, read 144,753 times
Default From CT to CA

1. I moved here (CT) from California for a change of scenery - I'd visited once before and liked it and also had some family out here.

2. I really miss it (CA) sometimes but feel that my quality of life out here is better

3. Overall, people here seem to be pretty friendlier...friendlier than most Californians from the neck of the woods I was from (Central Valley)

4. I'm in New Haven County and contemplating a move within the same area

5. I think this area was the right choice for me and my family. Its centrally located, affordable...I don't think I would move anywhere else in the state.

Overall, I'm very happy with my choice. I met my husband out here and I know that I wouldn't have met someone like him at my old stomping grounds Hope that helps!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:49 PM

50 posts, read 185,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenton View Post
1. I moved here (CT) from California for a change of scenery - I'd visited once before and liked it and also had some family out here.

2. I really miss it (CA) sometimes but feel that my quality of life out here is better

3. Overall, people here seem to be pretty friendlier...friendlier than most Californians from the neck of the woods I was from (Central Valley)

4. I'm in New Haven County and contemplating a move within the same area

5. I think this area was the right choice for me and my family. Its centrally located, affordable...I don't think I would move anywhere else in the state.

Overall, I'm very happy with my choice. I met my husband out here and I know that I wouldn't have met someone like him at my old stomping grounds Hope that helps!

Well now, your final comment gives me hope!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:03 PM

50 posts, read 185,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
I know there are a bunch of you.

1. What made you move?
2. Do you want to go back to CA?
3. How did you find the new CT neighbors?
4. What area did you choose?
5. Was that area the right choice?
Although I did not choose CT in the first place, I will answer your post as a former Californian.

1. 39 yrs of it LOL!, too many phoney people, materialistic's, having to dress-up to go to a grocery store, 365 days of the same weather
2. Not even if Oprah offered me her house
3. From the sounds of this board... I am likeing it already!
4. I think W.Hartford will be first choice for my particular situation.
5. Let me put it this way, the place I am now, could never have been right! alas!, lived and learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut