Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2014, 01:40 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times

Advertisements

When you get there, you'll say you wish you were still in Connecticut because the winters there are so much harsher.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:42 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
When you get there, you'll say you wish you were still in Connecticut because the winters there are so much harsher.
But they're not that much harsher. On average, Buffalo is only 6 or 7 degrees cooler than Norwalk. In the summer, it's only 1 degree cooler. All year round on average, only 4 degrees cooler.

I was chatting with some guy who lived in Buffalo his whole life, as well as going to Yale in New Haven for college, and he said that the media has portrayed Buffalo to be much more harsh than it really is. He said that the whole snow thing is a MYTH.

I mean, that's like someone living in North Carolina being terrified about moving up to CT because of the CT snow. It's relative.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:56 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,119 times
Nep it's a beautiful day outside and you're sitting around sulking. FFC is for the uber rich and if you are not uber rich you don't belong there, heck I know this and I don't even live in Connecticut yet.

At least you have a degree, I went to school for mechanics and refrigeration, most I'll ever make is between 25-30 dollars an hour. You have a nice office job warm in the winter and cool in the summer, my occupation you have to brave the elements.

I don't really see the big disappointment in your life. Cozy office job, college educated, living in beautiful New England.

I've had some good jobs in my life and I never needed a recruiter, I never had to work in Manhattan, and I've found over a dozen homes in CT for 250k or less.

We as a Americans tend to want to live at point B when we really should be living within our means of point A. You can't live on credit Nep, quality of life is having money, not living to your max and trying to be like the Joanses in which case who cares what they have cause they're broke anyway, those type of folks live on credit and thats like pouring water into a cup, it can only get you so high before it starts to spill over and make a mess.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I was chatting with some guy who lived in Buffalo his whole life, as well as going to Yale in New Haven for college, and he said that the media has portrayed Buffalo to be much more harsh than it really is. He said that the whole snow thing is a MYTH.
I had a business trip to Rochester, NY on a May 1. Good I went that week, because a week later Rochester got almost a foot of snow.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
But they're not that much harsher. On average, Buffalo is only 6 or 7 degrees cooler than Norwalk. In the summer, it's only 1 degree cooler. All year round on average, only 4 degrees cooler.

I mean, that's like someone living in North Carolina being terrified about moving up to CT because of the CT snow. It's relative.
You're kidding yourself. Whatever, I think you'd rather make the move and be miserable than look at it realistically.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
You're kidding yourself. Whatever, I think you'd rather make the move and be miserable than look at it realistically.
How bad can it be? They have the best snow removal in the nation, and the snow is light and powder-like. I know it's not as ideal as CT climate, but it's a con that I'm willing to live with, because almost everything else is a pro.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
How bad can it be? They have the best snow removal in the nation, and the snow is light and powder-like. I know it's not as ideal as CT climate, but it's a con that I'm willing to live with, because almost everything else is a pro.
You'll be willing to live with it until you get there, then you'll be miserable and constantly talking about how you have to find a way out (just as you're doing now with FFC).

You need to see the pattern and address it. Happiness is mostly a choice and a state of mind, and whatever your situation, you will find some reason to be miserable.

I'm actually surprised that you can hold down a job at all.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
You'll be willing to live with it until you get there, then you'll be miserable and constantly talking about how you have to find a way out (just as you're doing now with FFC).

You need to see the pattern and address it. Happiness is mostly a choice and a state of mind, and whatever your situation, you will find some reason to be miserable.

I'm actually surprised that you can hold down a job at all.
So then what drug do I take to make myself like FFC? What techniques do other FFC people do in order to like it here?

What if I genuinely dislike it here? Why do I have to be labeled as choosing to dislike it here?

Old 11-15-2014, 04:00 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,119 times
If you need a narcotic to like a place then you're in the wrong place

Old 11-15-2014, 04:10 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:

I just talked with my mommy.

Quote:
I could sure use a smack upside the head from my mommy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut