Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 02:50 PM

575 posts, read 3,131,538 times

Advertisements

I found this for rating the town of Southington, which is next to cheshire http://www.southingtoncoc.com/southnigton-qol.html (broken link) ... supposidly rated a top town in Hartford county..I think renting a home in either Cheshire or Southington would be hard to find due to the fact they are some what upscale areas and mostly bedroom communities..Hamden and Wallingford might have more offerings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 04:06 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,484,195 times
There is another best place to live site. This time cnnmoney.
[link]money.cnn.com/best/bplive/states/CT.html[link]

Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,086 times
Hi Anybody!

Does anybody knows a great location for a start up ministry. We are dynamic, spirit filled and prophetic and deliverance ministry. We also have a bible school that comes with our ministry. We are looking at New Haven area, especially a diversified community.
Rev. Bonet

Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 13,126 times
Cheshire is great but really not any apartments! I love the fact that Cheshire is so safe and you could walk around everywhere and feel safe! I'm fine with the lack of diversity. I have lived all over and I noticed the diverse areas of CT are more dangerous. I'll take safety and nice people anyday. Plus Cheshire has the great trails to walk in. I love Cheshire. No ghetto people there either.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM

25 posts, read 101,378 times
We rented a house in Southington 3 years ago and ended up buying it. We love it here. We are in the Plantsville section on the Cheshire line. Go to craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums for apts. Once in a while there are houses for rent. We found ours in the Hartford Courant though. I have also found that a lot of people don't put an ad in the paper or online. They just stick a "For Rent" sign on the front lawn. For instance, there are two "For Rent" signs in my area right now. One is a second floor apt assigned to South End school, the other is also a second floor apt assigned to Strong school.

However your best bet is to go to http Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com® and click on rent and enter zip code 06489 or 06479 for Southington. There are 18 houses for rent right now. You can also try 06410 for Cheshire and you will find 17 houses for rent.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask more questions

Mel

Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 AM

25 posts, read 101,378 times
Oh! I forgot. Go to the Southington public schools web site for a directory of the streets and find out which street is assigned to which school. Then go to GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community to check out the schools.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 PM

7 posts, read 31,479 times
You might want to look into Kensington CT...

Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,058 times
Just so previous person knows Kensington is part of Berlin, CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut