Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:31 PM

7 posts, read 7,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Guess I'll shop for Brazilian Bananas elsewhere. lol.
I totally agree with you, plus we should start to plant our own bananas so we don't need to import them from Brazil. Americans needs their jobs back.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANANABRAZIL View Post
Because the first person who pointed the topic, spoke first about the immigration issue of our city, and then relate my business to it by leaving to reader the idea that just because my business name is Banana Brazil would be owned and run by an illegal immigrant. Do you see where as business owner I have to protect my interest?
What if was your business. Wouldn't you do the same?
Of course as any other good business man I take the opportunity for a good publicity
Banana Brazil will never close doors. I have people from all over Fairfield County who not only comes to enjoy our food but also place special cater orders from us. Again don't judge a book by its cover.
Go back to your country

Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
[INDENT]
Banana Brazil Restaurant, of 91 Main St., was inspected during the week of Aug. 5 and was cited for several violations, including lack of a refrigerator thermometer, food not protected, poor hygienic practice, presence of flies and lack of written documentation of training program.

Read more: [URL="http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Two-Danbury-restaurants-ordered-to-close-by-77435.php#ixzz1Df0nJ3Me"]Two Danbury restaurants ordered to close by health director - NewsTimes[/URL]
[/INDENT]I service many many restuarants and know the deal "homie." [INDENT]Anxiety remains a year after Danbury signs ICE agreement

DANBURY -- Nilton Coelho owns Banana Brazil, a luncheonette on Main Street in downtown Danbury. As the name suggests, he serves Brazilian food.

The problem is, there aren't as many Brazilians in the city as there used to be, which means there aren't as many orders for plantains and sausage.

"My business has gone down,'' Coelho said recently.

As a result, he's spending more money on advertising to bring more Hispanics and more whites through the door. The strategy has worked, Coelho said, and that's helped him make up for the decline in Brazilian business...

...Fearing deportation, many undocumented immigrants in Danbury -- Brazilians, Hispanics and others -- have pulled up stakes the past few years and left the area, according to some local observers.

[/INDENT][URL="http://mexicanexpulsions.blogspot.com/2010/09/anxiety-remains-year-after-danbury.html"]Mexican Expulsions: Anxiety remains a year after Danbury signs ICE agreement[/URL]

If you're going to ***** for attention, you get the bad with the good...
Yes see this guy is a big problem to our American Danbury community. I like to say Americans most favor food are fast food, KFC, Mcd's Burger King these are always clean and reputable health restaurants.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
LOL yup!

But we should stop being "white trashes" now.
I totally agree, why most immigrants call us this name. Just because we are the fattest nation in the world, most of us like to have a mobile home style and Obama don't pay to get our teeth fix this does not give them the right to keep calling us names. Go home banana guy. Will never eat at your place. We like KFC and Grape soda

Old 02-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
You don't need a social security card in this state to obtain free medical care, at least for children. Recently I was at the pediatrician's office with my young child, and a couple walked in with their baby. They asked the receptionist if they could get free care because they were not U.S. citizens. The receptionist said yes, as long as they had no social security numbers.
When a baby is born from an immigrant who is not a citizen, the baby also is a non citizen. I don't understand how Obama can allow them to get treatments and they don't agree to pay for my root canal and have my upper dentures has been broken and glued together over the past five years to be replace. thats so unfair to me while illegal babies are being well cared

Old 02-11-2011, 04:55 PM

[quote=JViello;17822547]Wrongooo. Very very wrong. In fact, I was just with a Mexican family on Wed evening who has expired green cards for most of the family, own a restaurant and receive LOOOOOOTS of state benefits. I'm on the fence whether to call in on them as they are good people, don't cause trouble, work hard, have their kids in local catholic schools, speak English most times and are trying to become citizens through an atty. But they have no SS # and are technically here illegal.

If I didn't know they were working hard to get legal status, it would change things, but they are so I stay out of it for now.

See thats the thing about Mexicans and all illegal with expired green cards and no socials and stuff they think they can remain here working and collecting all the benefits and making babies soon American face wont be American anymore. Call on them is not fair.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:02 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,763 times
what a strange thread.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 AM

16 posts, read 20,318 times
Default fallacies and more fallacies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

Banana Brazil Restaurant, of 91 Main St., was inspected during the week of Aug. 5 and was cited for several violations, including lack of a refrigerator thermometer, food not protected, poor hygienic practice, presence of flies and lack of written documentation of training program.

Read more: Two Danbury restaurants ordered to close by health director - NewsTimes
I service many many restuarants and know the deal "homie."
Anxiety remains a year after Danbury signs ICE agreement

DANBURY -- Nilton Coelho owns Banana Brazil, a luncheonette on Main Street in downtown Danbury. As the name suggests, he serves Brazilian food.

The problem is, there aren't as many Brazilians in the city as there used to be, which means there aren't as many orders for plantains and sausage.

"My business has gone down,'' Coelho said recently.

As a result, he's spending more money on advertising to bring more Hispanics and more whites through the door. The strategy has worked, Coelho said, and that's helped him make up for the decline in Brazilian business...

...Fearing deportation, many undocumented immigrants in Danbury -- Brazilians, Hispanics and others -- have pulled up stakes the past few years and left the area, according to some local observers.

Mexican Expulsions: Anxiety remains a year after Danbury signs ICE agreement

If you're going to ***** for attention, you get the bad with the good...
This never happened, I never made this statment, what kind of critical thinker bases himself from a blog. Go back to school man and take same critical thinking classes, This may help you for an idea.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
what a strange thread.
Very weird

Old 02-12-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNECK123 View Post
Go back to your country
Here is my country. I am a citizen!
I'm laughing so hard, your words gives the picture of what kind person you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut