Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:13 PM

10,086 posts, read 14,959,511 times

Advertisements

Wait until the new influx of New Yorkers is fully established in the interior of the state. When that happens you will remember these times as the golden years of CT driving. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:20 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,220 times
Everyone needs to be first…..thats the problem...

Old 12-10-2014, 06:21 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Wait until the new influx of New Yorkers is fully established in the interior of the state. When that happens you will remember these times as the golden years of CT driving. Lol
What makes you think that will happen? Am I missing something?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:23 PM

305 posts, read 416,745 times
Try living in Atlanta(tailgate city) , then try Alabama, they literally dont even use their brakes sometimes in Alabama and dont like to stop for pedestrians. Atleast you guys dont have multiple 'dead mans turns' and pileups on the highway cause of these idiots tailgating on the highway, and then are shell shocked when its a 15 car pileup accident every few months.

Id be grateful if I was you...

Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 PM

10,086 posts, read 14,959,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
What makes you think that will happen? Am I missing something?
Supposedly many New Yorkers are moving to cities and towns further into the state. That will have some effect.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:20 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Having lived all over the country, I can assure you that crappy drivers exist everywhere. CT is no better or worse than other places I have lived. I do find in the cold weather states I have lived that everyone has to get used to snow/ice all over again and that the first event of the season is always a disaster.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:27 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Having lived all over the country, I can assure you that crappy drivers exist everywhere. CT is no better or worse than other places I have lived. I do find in the cold weather states I have lived that everyone has to get used to snow/ice all over again and that the first event of the season is always a disaster.
I agree. There are bad drivers everywhere, just not here. I do think that a lot of bad drivers come from adjacent states and I don't just mean New York. I see a lot of bad drivers from Massachusetts in this state as well. I also don't see the big deal about New Yorkers moving. This has been going on for a century now so it is no big deal IMHO. Jay

Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Can we add in pedestrians too? The ones in Stamford are terrible - it seems like they have a death wish. Crossing on Don't Walk Signals, jaywalking on Tresser Boulevard (which is a 6 lane road). With all the bad drivers around, its a wonder more people don't get seriously hurt or killed.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:49 AM

1,241 posts, read 902,557 times
Most of the problems I have noticed with drivers here in Connecticut stems from an overabundance of aggressiveness. When I notice a driver like this, they almost invariably have Connecticut plates. (If they don't have CT plates, NY plates are the most likely indicator of a driver's likelihood to be an as**hole!) Also, compared to my experiences in more northern New England states, drivers here- at least in the New Haven area- cannot drive at all in snowy weather.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:54 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,420,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
Most of the problems I have noticed with drivers here in Connecticut stems from an overabundance of aggressiveness. When I notice a driver like this, they almost invariably have Connecticut plates. (If they don't have CT plates, NY plates are the most likely indicator of a driver's likelihood to be an as**hole!) Also, compared to my experiences in more northern New England states, drivers here- at least in the New Haven area- cannot drive at all in snowy weather.
I find aggression to be more prevalent in congested areas, less so in more rural areas. It doesn't matter what state the driver is from. A driver from New Haven will be more aggressive than a driver from Montpelier, VT. No doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut