U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:19 PM

13,324 posts, read 15,985,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by contador View Post

Democrats aren't interested in lower middle class folks like you.
nep is definitely not lower middle class...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 02:32 PM

4,355 posts, read 6,630,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJ88 View Post
What's more unbelievable is that you actually got me to register instead of lurking just so i could post a reply to this BS.

In a thread a couple days ago, you just said how you make $75K plus a $15K bonus. GIVE ME A BREAK. You have to be the single whiniest poster of any forum I frequent.
He is the whiniest in the CT forum, but by no means the whiniest of any forum. Nep simply wants to have more without putting the extra effort and not noticing on the details of all his options before making a decision that will impact his future. Given that, he feels that if he is not capable of making more given his self imposed constraints, then the people that are doing much better than him must somehow be stripped of their success so that he and those like him can feel better about themselves. It's good old envy if you ask me.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:38 PM

6,502 posts, read 4,462,899 times
$75k AND a $15k bonus is nothing to sneeze at, unless you're living beyond your means. There are millions that would trade you and be grateful.

Hell, id be grateful to even get a bonus. Lol my boss is a cheap bastard.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:48 PM

304 posts, read 264,288 times
Tolland and Windham counties have the lowest income and wealth inequality in the state.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:07 PM

673 posts, read 1,144,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
He is the whiniest in the CT forum, but by no means the whiniest of any forum. Nep simply wants to have more without putting the extra effort and not noticing on the details of all his options before making a decision that will impact his future. Given that, he feels that if he is not capable of making more given his self imposed constraints, then the people that are doing much better than him must somehow be stripped of their success so that he and those like him can feel better about themselves. It's good old envy if you ask me.
Sometimes, I feel that you have to strip everything off a person to instill the hunger and determination necessary for him to fight back. Saw a bloomberg article link about a chinese guy with nothing who made it in Ukraine.

Chinese Man’s Life with Beautiful Ukrainian Wife Envied – chinaSMACK

Old 12-15-2014, 04:50 PM

2,971 posts, read 1,654,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
$75k AND a $15k bonus is nothing to sneeze at, unless you're living beyond your means. There are millions that would trade you and be grateful.

Hell, id be grateful to even get a bonus. Lol my boss is a cheap bastard.
In all fairness, where he lives $75K is not enough to purchase a home with single income

Old 12-15-2014, 05:12 PM

10,834 posts, read 12,128,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
In all fairness, where he lives $75K is not enough to purchase a home with single income
Thank you.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 PM

814 posts, read 574,181 times
Don't pick on my friend Nep

Old 12-15-2014, 09:03 PM

814 posts, read 574,181 times
This is why I sometimes wonder if what most of us did was worth it.

We believed that college was the answer, Nep has a graduate degree and cannot afford the region in which he lives, so is college the answer to automatic success? In Neps case I would say no because a graduate degree is a good credential and with it Nep struggles. The college lie, go into debt to graduate and be no better off once you do.

I went into Army branch of service, had 30,000 to use toward school, did I use it to try and get a fancy desk job? Nope I used only a portion of it to get a technical degree and industry certifications in mechanics and refrigeration, I had the opportunity to be so much more.

Our society in America is very status driven and some will risk their health and happiness for the best of everything, 3 story brick house, European car, it what we think we want but in reality don't even necessarily need. So we accumulate all these things, we feel on top of the world, then one day we find out our jobs are being downsized and everything we've ever worked for is wiped away.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:25 AM

22,347 posts, read 36,868,718 times
I would not feel so sorry for nep. He makes $75.000 per year and is getting a significant bonus. It is more than enough to afford a modest but decent home in Norwalk or Stamford or even one of the more reasonable suburbs not that far away. But as I am sure you have seen, nep wants it all. He wants a single family home in a very nice neighborhood with no work being needed. When we have tried to tell him that is unreasonable for a first home he dismisses it completely. He is uncompromising which at this point in his young life is completely ridiculous. Jay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut