Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:28 PM

34,928 posts, read 56,924,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
How long has the Stop & Shop gas station been open in Glastonbury ? This is the first I've heard of it, but haven't been in that area since summer.

I know the two Stop & Shop stations in Cromwell and Kensington. Kensington station is usually 5-8 cents less than Cromwell.

Also, don't know if this is still a problem, but at the Cromwell station the rewards card balance wasn't getting updated quickly. For example, if you spent money at stop and shop then went to the station 10 minutes later, the rewards balance wasn't updated. They had to do the rewards manually inside the station. This happened to me at least 3 times.

I no longer go to the Cromwell Stop & Shop since they have horrid horrid horrid service and staffing levels. The store is well stocked and clean so they are spending money on that at least.

I'm surprised they haven't changed since Walmart in Cromwell has started selling groceries too.
The Glastonbury station has been here for a couple of years now. It was once a Sunoco station which they knocked down and replaced. Your problem is not just occurring in Cromwell and Kensington. I am pretty sure Stop & Shop's receipt will tell you that the points are not immediately available. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 12:44 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The Glastonbury station has been here for a couple of years now. It was once a Sunoco station which they knocked down and replaced. Your problem is not just occurring in Cromwell and Kensington. I am pretty sure Stop & Shop's receipt will tell you that the points are not immediately available. Jay
It depends - the posted price at Stop & Shop in East Lyme is $2.58. The Stop & Shop in the next town over in Waterford - only a few miles down the road - is $2.69.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:07 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,832,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I noticed Stop and Shop was putting an expiration date of reward points on their receipts now. Don't remember anything about availability. I will look next time I'm there.

I haven't had any issues with reward points showing up quickly in the Kensington store. I can go to the gas station right after shopping and the points are updated.

I don't frequent the Cromwell store any more, so I don't know if its fixed. I just remember thinking to myself how inefficient it must be when everyone has to walk into the gas station to redeem their points manually.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:23 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
$2.59 today - cash or credit - at the New Fairfield Mobil

Old 12-23-2014, 02:36 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
$2.59 today - cash or credit - at the New Fairfield Mobil
B'J's $ 2.53 Brookfield

Old 12-23-2014, 02:45 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
interesting - the Berlin Turnpike usually has the lowest prices in the state. Seems like it's not the case these past few weeks at least.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:59 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
B'J's $ 2.53 Brookfield
Uggh. And I was on Federal Road today too. BUT... I'm not a member (we are a "Costco Family" ). And btw, I was at Costco last night and drove right by the pumps and didn't even bother to look. We were on a "mission" and too focused on trying to find a parking spot. LOL! I can't wait for Christmas to be over....

Old 12-23-2014, 05:08 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,691,991 times
just saw today 2.50's in Southington (exit 28). filled up for 2.52 at the Fleet station.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:00 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,832,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
There is a Citgo and an independent gas station right across from it on the Silas Deane Highway in Rocky Hill - near West Street and farther south than the retail areas, but not quite in Cromwell - that often have very good prices, too.
These stations are on Main St (a.k.a. RT 99) I just drove by them tonight and they're at 2.599

I have found that some stations have not reduced mid grade and premium prices. Some are 70 cents higher than regular. It's usually 30-40 cents higher.

Also, gas stations just across the border in MA are famous for this too. Southwick is where I've seen this recently.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:41 PM

691 posts, read 1,150,117 times
Prices have dipped below $2 per gallon in some parts of NJ. $1.95/gal in Edison, NJ today.

Say what you will about NJ...but CT residents really do get fleeced. SW CT is currently paying 50% higher than their neighbors a mere 50 miles or so away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut