Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick_s View Post
I should have made myself more clear. First choice would be to have your own and then possibly adopt. But my point was, if you're going to adopt have enough consideration and respect for the children's identity and your own race to adopt a child that somewhat resembles. White people in general are the only ones who have no pride whatsoever in their own race for fear they will be called "racist"--hence why they are voluntarily self-extincting themselves in the world.

And, btw, I'm very open-minded and I'm gay.
I'm not sure how the small percentage of couples who adopt children of a different race are "self extincting". The small population this makes up is hardly a blip on the radar.

What the heck do you expect someone's answer to your question to be? "chadwick, white people are the Devil, hence the reason for this attempted extinction of the entire Caucasian race." Come on, are you serious with this question?

FYI - I know many kids from South Korea who were adopted by white parents. Not one has had any issues you speak of.

I think you made yourself perfectly clear with the quote in your initial post. And you being gay has nothing to do with anything.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 14,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I'm not sure how the small percentage of couples who adopt children of a different race are "self extincting". The small population this makes up is hardly a blip on the radar.

What the heck do you expect someone's answer to your question to be? "chadwick, white people are the Devil, hence the reason for this attempted extinction of the entire Caucasian race." Come on, are you serious with this question?

FYI - I know many kids from South Korea who were adopted by white parents. Not one has had any issues you speak of.

I think you made yourself perfectly clear with the quote in your initial post. And you being gay has nothing to do with anything.
Well I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree. As a side note, it seems you don't realize that people of white/european heritage in the world are literally and progressively going extinct -- it's simply a statistical fact based on negative birthrates (you should read up on it). Between birthrates, adoptions, intermixing and immigration this isn't just an issue in the USA (the coming generation white population will be 38% in the USA circa 2020). All primarily white countries in europe will have voluntarily become minorities on their way to extinction by 2100. It has nothing to do with being racist or hate toward other races, it has to do with the preservation of all civilizations and cultures and addressing the issue when there is a real problem. Calling anything "racism" which isn't in the interest of non-whites is the lazy way out.

Ultimately, I believe everyone should be free to do whatever they wish. Marry, have kids, be single or adopt whomever they wish. I guess there are some realities that may not always go down a desirable road, but we have to adjust and accept it to some degree -- even if the outcome isn't always so great.

Reason why I said I'm gay is because some automatically assume that anyone who says anything regarding this issue is some fundamentalist white christian. Nowadays if you say ANYTHING slightly in the interest of caucasian/white people, you are instantly labeled as some evil hateful racist.

Last edited by chadwick_s; 06-26-2009 at 01:23 PM..

Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick_s View Post
Ultimately, I believe everyone should be free to do whatever they wish. Marry, have kids, be single or adopt whomever they wish.
Obviously, you do not.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:08 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,843,561 times
And is this because they are snooty or snobby?

Sheesh, does this going off topic happen a lot here?

Old 06-27-2009, 08:46 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,755,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
And is this because they are snooty or snobby?

Sheesh, does this going off topic happen a lot here?
Sometimes. But then again, this thread is almost three years old.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:36 AM

29 posts, read 116,166 times
Default Being Wealthy Isn't Wrong

Since when does being financially comfortable mean you are a snob?

New Canaan is a lovely town. My children went to the local Catholic school there even though I lived in Stamford.

People are more educated, have better jobs, and dress nicely. They are also polite and more positive most people. I view this as a plus.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:53 AM

428 posts, read 831,401 times
LMAO. It seems that one of these sort of threads pop up at least once a month. I'm not sure if I'd call the people of New Canaan snobby without knowing their background. If they come from multi generational wealth and think of taste, family, education and overall background being what delineates the differences and creates an hierarchy with them on the top, they are elitist. Otherwise then I'd say snobby- as that is more of a middle class affliction. Their is snobbery in every town from low rent ones like Stratford to well regarded cities like Greenwich. It is not a good basis to decide if you do or don't want to live somewhere.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I am closing this one down because it has gone off topic and I don't wnat it it to go further off. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut