Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:28 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
What makes me cry even more is that that the Sandy Hook incident is not what it seems:

The government plans many of these so called mass shootings in order to get us to give up our right to arms. Even leftist feminists like Naomi Wolf are waking up to this:
What's wrong with you?? This is still a pretty sensitive topic especially to people who live near Newtown….go away.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:30 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Guns are not the problem, it's the mental health of some gun owners that is the problem. I'm all for background checks and permits to obtain firearms.

As a gun owner myself I have 1 for home defense and the other for target shooting. I am licensed, finger printed and background checked in order to buy long guns (I hate pistols).

I went through the new CT process and it wasn't that bad, in fact I learned a lot. But to say no manufacturing of guns in CT or ban on gun completely is really scary. I for one think if we ban guns for law abiding citizens we are easy targets for criminals.
See I don't get this. Are you telling me you really think a potential criminal says to himself "this guy may have a gun I better not do anything? LOL

That said this is a very very difficult issue. I truly believe one has a right to protect themselves BUT without gun control I think we end up in a very bad place.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
See I don't get this. Are you telling me you really think a potential criminal says to himself "this guy may have a gun I better not do anything? LOL
If a criminal thinks someone has a gun I would bet they would think twice about doing something….

Old 01-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
If a criminal thinks someone has a gun I would bet they would think twice about doing something….
Well isnt that the case right now? People have guns..criminals still doing crimes.

But I will say , the argument that if criminals know there is no potential of a gun they may act out even more would be valid.

Gosh talk about a no win situation.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Well isnt that the case right now? People have guns..criminals still doing crimes.

But I will say , the argument that if criminals know there is no potential of a gun they may act out even more would be valid.

Gosh talk about a no win situation.
Well I'm saying if a criminal knows a SPECIFIC person is carrying, they are going to think twice about doing something...

Old 01-17-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Well I'm saying if a criminal knows a SPECIFIC person is carrying, they are going to think twice about doing something...
No No I agree with that.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:26 AM

684 posts, read 812,207 times
You guys are missing the point of this, there are laws already in place in CT for purchasing and obtaining a firearm(s). What happened with the Lanza case has nothing to do with what some posters have said here. The firearms were legally purchased, when Lanza decided to go on his rampage, that is the day when he became a criminal not because the guns told him to but because of a mental disease. To think we can somehow control someones mind due to a mental illness is stupid, if you think feeding them prescribed pills is the answer, then that is stupid too since you dont know the side effects and long term effects specific to that person.

Why are criminals stilling doing crimes? It has nothing to do with because of a gun, but our society, politics, justice system, and laws towards criminals are all messed up. Criminals can careless about any laws or ban you come up with, only the law abiding lose their right to bear arms and now our lives have been put in a higher risk.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:31 AM

814 posts, read 911,224 times
Yes the issue is not the gun, the issues are much deeper and if you took all the guns away a murderer will find another way to kill you. The issue is people, poverty, mental illness, glorified violence through rap videos and video games, the gun just like rock and roll music is the simple answer, guns are violent and rock and roll was once the Devils music, neither is true.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
Yes the issue is not the gun, the issues are much deeper and if you took all the guns away a murderer will find another way to kill you. The issue is people, poverty, mental illness, glorified violence through rap videos and video games, the gun just like rock and roll music is the simple answer, guns are violent and rock and roll was once the Devils music, neither is true.

LOL well...guns ARE violent. But they are necessary for protection . Remember if that psycho had no access to guns he may never have had a chance to lay this plan out. And finding another way to kill might take a few people..but how do you mass murder with an axe or knife.? Possible but stoppable.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 AM

814 posts, read 911,224 times
No people are violent, a gun is a tool, not an action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut