Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 05:54 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

It is likely he will fight it. Unfortunately professional sports leagues do not have to have solid proof for fines. So much for a presumption of innocence til proven guilty and guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 06:08 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,234,500 times
I know its been said, I forget what a response was. Both teams played with the ball, what's the problem? Is New Eng used to playing with softer balls where they had an advantage?

But I think they "found" communication before the games regarding the air in the balls which led them to believe it was indeed planned.

And I didn't know a QB was in charge of the balls. Isn't that part of NFL responsibility?
Didn't the other QB realize it?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 PM

2,358 posts, read 2,181,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I know its been said, I forget what a response was. Both teams played with the ball, what's the problem? Is New Eng used to playing with softer balls where they had an advantage?

But I think they "found" communication before the games regarding the air in the balls which led them to believe it was indeed planned.

And I didn't know a QB was in charge of the balls. Isn't that part of NFL responsibility?
Didn't the other QB realize it?
Welllllll... since a rule change a few years ago QBs are allowed to have their own set of balls set up as the QB wants, within legal bounds of the game. Only during fumbles or interceptions would the other team come into play with the other team's set of balls. The issue I see is that balls are routinely inspected by the line judges and referee, didn't they notice?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:41 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,084,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I know its been said, I forget what a response was. Both teams played with the ball, what's the problem?
Nope; not how it works.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Welllllll... since a rule change a few years ago QBs are allowed to have their own set of balls set up as the QB wants, within legal bounds of the game. Only during fumbles or interceptions would the other team come into play with the other team's set of balls. The issue I see is that balls are routinely inspected by the line judges and referee, didn't they notice?
Thanks. Forgot each team played with their own. Good point about the refs.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It is likely he will fight it. Unfortunately professional sports leagues do not have to have solid proof for fines. So much for a presumption of innocence til proven guilty and guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Jay
He could have got 8... At this level ever miniscule advantage is a factor. And yes, there is no smoking gun but c'mon...this is one of those..... wink wink deals. ..

Old 05-12-2015, 06:03 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,332,782 times
This is such bs. Tom Brady, maybe had something to do with the scandal and loses 4 games. But with a case of an NFL player who beats his wife and the NFL sits on the security footage until the public demanded action didn't get nearly as much swift attention and action as this did.

I love sports but I don't idolize them, they're human and sometimes humans make bad decisions, sometimes they lie. Maybe if we stopped idoloizing athletes and celebrities we wouldn't be so shocked when they make bad decisions.

Hopefully this is it for Goodell, Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in the NFL and was instrumental in getting Goodell his job. He will not be taking this lying down.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:16 AM

890 posts, read 882,019 times
Brady cheated. Lied to the NFL. Lied to his coach. The cheating wasn't major, it's kind of like a baseball pitcher throwing a spitball. However, not turning over his emails when asked to was a major problem. That is why Brady was punished.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:20 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
As my handle implies, I'm a diehard Colts fan. While I wholeheartedly agree with TE Dwayne Allen's comment that it didn't affect the AFC title game, I must admit it's hard to wipe the smile off my face this morning. My fear is that if the Colts game is indeed when Brady returns from suspension, he's going to play with anger and they're going to run up the score. Should be entertaining regardless...

Old 05-12-2015, 07:01 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
This is such bs. Tom Brady, maybe had something to do with the scandal and loses 4 games. But with a case of an NFL player who beats his wife and the NFL sits on the security footage until the public demanded action didn't get nearly as much swift attention and action as this did.

I love sports but I don't idolize them, they're human and sometimes humans make bad decisions, sometimes they lie. Maybe if we stopped idoloizing athletes and celebrities we wouldn't be so shocked when they make bad decisions.

Hopefully this is it for Goodell, Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in the NFL and was instrumental in getting Goodell his job. He will not be taking this lying down.
When you affect the integrity of the GAME you affect the very fabric of the sport. As the last poster said, its akin to doctoring a baseball. Not the end of the world but its still cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut