U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2015, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,537 posts, read 2,699,049 times
Reputation: 2305

Advertisements

I saw this on the news a couple days ago. I had no idea it was happening.

Hartford City FC Joins Major Arena Soccer League; Will Play at XL Center - Hartford Courant

Indoor soccer at the Hartford civic center.

If the ticket prices are low enough I will check it out.


I remember back in the late 90's Hartford had an arena football team. I think they were called "Hellcats"
I went to a game once because radio 104.1 was giving away free tickets at some event. It was something like "the first 104 people in the door get tickets"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2015, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
24,611 posts, read 40,176,096 times
Reputation: 6971
It looks like the Y will be leaving the XL Center and moving to much larger space in State House Square. Should be a big improvement. Jay

Downtown Y's fall relo to State House Sq. | HartfordBusiness.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 07:27 PM
 
2,971 posts, read 2,027,459 times
Reputation: 1027
Was in downtown today for the first time in like 15 years or so. We were very surprised and impressed with the development, the area around the Science and Convention center looked great along with that little newer bar/restaurant street there.
Strange though, went walking around and did not get into any scuffles or confrontations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
2,688 posts, read 2,003,009 times
Reputation: 2078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Was in downtown today for the first time in like 15 years or so. We were very surprised and impressed with the development, the area around the Science and Convention center looked great along with that little newer bar/restaurant street there.
Strange though, went walking around and did not get into any scuffles or confrontations.
It has improved. Just wait until the baseball stadium is done as well as the downtown north project. So was today the first time you saw Hartford 21? It's the tallest residential building in between NYC and Boston. I think it's the tallest in the northeast. It was completed back in 2006. What part of the state do you live in to not visit downtown in 15 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 07:41 PM
 
2,971 posts, read 2,027,459 times
Reputation: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
It has improved. Just wait until the baseball stadium is done as well as the downtown north project. So was today the first time you saw Hartford 21? It's the tallest residential building in between NYC and Boston. I think it's the tallest in the northeast. It was completed back in 2006. What part of the state do you live in to not visit downtown in 15 years?
I'm embarrassed to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2015, 10:07 AM
 
453 posts, read 368,793 times
Reputation: 282
Convicted felon caught scaling Yard Goats fence in Hartford - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Not exactly good news, and this is not the first instance of crime at the construction site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2015, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
132 posts, read 110,492 times
Reputation: 225
Embarrassing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2015, 10:37 AM
 
453 posts, read 368,793 times
Reputation: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasyncp17 View Post
Embarrassing
Seeing as the public safety complex is around the corner, I have to agree. They must realize that expensive tools, equipment, metal, etc. are on the other side of the fence right?

Last edited by ctguy87; 09-14-2015 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2015, 10:41 AM
 
8,231 posts, read 4,160,625 times
Reputation: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I saw this on the news a couple days ago. I had no idea it was happening.

Hartford City FC Joins Major Arena Soccer League; Will Play at XL Center - Hartford Courant

Indoor soccer at the Hartford civic center.

If the ticket prices are low enough I will check it out.


I remember back in the late 90's Hartford had an arena football team. I think they were called "Hellcats"
I went to a game once because radio 104.1 was giving away free tickets at some event. It was something like "the first 104 people in the door get tickets"
What about the Outlaws think professional soccer to CT is going to be awesome. I think Hartford be a great place to bring a NFL team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2015, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
2,688 posts, read 2,003,009 times
Reputation: 2078
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
What about the Outlaws think professional soccer to CT is going to be awesome. I think Hartford be a great place to bring a NFL team.
We were within inches of getting one back in 1998. The Patriots announced that they were going to move into Hartford. Of course it never happened but most people including myself believe Kraft played CT in order to get a good deal from MA. Ive hated him since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top