U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 PM
358 posts, read 200,369 times
Reputation: 84


I eventually decided to buy a small house in Farmington which I found by myself before I met an R.E. agent.
But when I signed the contract with the builder, I asked them to put the R.E. agent in the contract so that he could be paid the commission from the seller(builder).
I found this house for myself, so I didn't need to include the agent in this deal, but I wanted to help him out.

But now, this R.E. agent asked me to sign "Exclusive right to represent buyer authorization".

1) Should I sign it?

2) In this doc, it says that buyer pay $195 admin fee to the broker firm, my question is why should I pay $195 to the R.E. agent firm??

3) without this doc, the buyer agent can't be paid the commission from the seller(builder)?

Thank you,

4) as I found the home, and agent did nothing for this home, can I ask him some rebate from his share of commission?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 03:51 AM
Location: SW Corner of CT
1,729 posts, read 1,268,412 times
Reputation: 2073
I've sold and bought quite a few homes, and never heard of this fee, or it got buried in a deal and I never saw it. Did this agent show you any homes at all ???.....this is a freebie for them, and I'd express that and explain that I'm not paying the fee.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 06:57 AM
4,503 posts, read 4,172,103 times
Reputation: 1983
I don't see why you need to sign the document since they didn't help you. I'd consult your attorney.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Location: Scituate, MA
75 posts, read 48,420 times
Reputation: 77
Sign it. Make sure it is only short term and specifically lists the property address. In my area, administrative fees are usually deducted from my commission. I believe they would definitely agree to give you money back at closing. Crazy not to
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top