Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 08:54 PM

107 posts, read 119,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Where in Westchester were you looking. Some parts are rural but most is suburban. Glad to hear you liked Ridgefield. Not surprising since it is such a nice town. Good luck with the job offer. I hope it works out. Jay
We looked as far south as Eastchester. Can't afford anything further south. Mostly looked around Pleasantville and Briarcliff Manor (which I loved, but found too rural for me). At first our realtor had me looking in Katonah, N and S Salem - WAY to remote and rural!!! She treated me like I had never seen civilization, LOL!!! Then she wasted my time by showing me where all the famous people live. Seriously, I was there to look for a house, not to see where Michael Douglas lives!!! I graduated from the University of Michigan and Michigan State University for my doctorate. I had an extremely multi-cultural socioeconomic diverse education. I'm not some back-woods hick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 08:56 PM

107 posts, read 119,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I would not even bother with New Jersey for a commute to LaGuardia. That means your husband would have to commute across Manhattan which is the absolute worst way. Stick to Long Island, Westchester or Connecticut. I think you will like Ridgefield. It is a beautiful town with excellent schools and a great place to raise a family. If your husband can share the commute with a coworker, then maybe it will be a bit better but still it is going to be tough. Jay
After visiting NJ, I completely agree. The GWB and commute across Bronx/Manhattan was an absolute nightmare!!! Would NEVER recommend that to anyone!!!

Old 06-22-2015, 07:13 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,152,397 times
The only place a commute to Laguardia is not an absolute nightmare is Queens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut