Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:33 PM

814 posts, read 911,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Then why does Big & Rich idolize NY? Why is every country song about NY-to-LA? I don't know Junior, although I wouldn't trade him for a pet monkey.

Willie Nelson loves NY Willie Nelson in Brooklyn, NY - Aug 12, 2015 6:00 PM | Eventful.

Country loves NY. You are a country boy from Westchester, you don't get the city.
You can be from New York and like country music, I do, but the lifestyle is not a slower pace where as out in the country you have that luxury of being more laid back and down to earth.

How many folks in lower FFC or even Southern Westchester are so uber competitive that they forget who they actually are? I work for Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche, I'm a technician and you can see the difference in people with these brands that we sell and service. The VW customers are down to earth, the Audi customers are a bit more pretentious and the Porsche customers they are a mix because they have wealth but they are also auto enthusiasts who understand what a Porsche is designed for. we have a GT3 RS in for service right now and its a beautiful car that the customer uses for racing.

There is nothing wrong with wealth and loving cars, I like them so much a built a whole career around them, just bought a 2015 Jetta TDI with direct shift gear box and sport mode.

Connecticut and its country side is gorgeous, Upstate New York, Northern Westchester/ Putnam County is gorgeous, where I now live in the Charlottesville area of Virginia out by Keswick and all the horse farms is gorgeous.

I don't see green, rolling hills, white fenced farms, beautiful horses grazing in the middle of Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 PM

814 posts, read 911,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Plenty of fireflies, crickets, pumpkin picking and even coyotes in the city. You don't have to live under the lights in Times Square you know?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/ny...west-side.html

Besides, I don't know if meth, so epidemic now in rural areas is any better than City drugs
Sadly drugs are a huge issue in our country nowadays, we need to stomp them out.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:51 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
and you can see the difference in people with these brands that we sell and service. The VW customers are down to earth, the Audi customers are a bit more pretentious and the Porsche customers they are a mix because they have wealth but they are also auto enthusiasts who understand what a Porsche is designed for.

I think this says more about how YOU think of owners of different classes of cars, than about the owners themselves.

We have a Jeep and a Camry... I guess how you would think of me would depend on which car I'm driving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut