Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 05:49 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times

Advertisements

New tax and highway tolls discussed at State Capitol | WTNH Connecticut News

Unreal. What is it about this state that they have to tax everything high while COL is already very high?

I haven't seen if this would affect out of state drivers, but if it doesn't then it's a real screw job for residents. They should just put tolls at the borders. They should also figure out just what they're doing wrong where there only answer to everything is more taxes. It's hard enough as is, and they continue to make it worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 06:35 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,150 times
I'm only for tolls if they lower the car tax or gas tax. I'm only for tolls because too many out of stater's drive through here on a free ride. I sound like a sneaky politician when i say this but people who drive to and from New England HAVE to drive through CT so why not dig into their pockets. Though, one of the only positives in this states that are in other surrounding states are tolls. New York has them, Massachusetts has them, New Hampshire has them, New Jersey has them. Adding more taxes is just unsustainable. You can add taxes forever.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:59 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
Screw that!

Old 07-29-2015, 07:04 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,486,655 times
I'm for tolls.

This...you have to be kidding me. If this gets passed I will leave. I drive for work and this is a royal screw to CT residents.

Just when I thought CT was on the right track.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:17 PM

Why can't they just budget better? They're just finding more and more ways to screw the taxpayers who kept them in office. We elected you to represent US, not make our lives completely miserable. When will they put a tax on the air we breathe?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:38 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,423 times
Hate.

Last edited by Sigequinox; 07-29-2015 at 07:47 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 07:46 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times
"There’s another way being discussed for the state to get its hand into your pocket: “mileage fees.” The new tax would be assessed on drivers according to the number of miles they drive in a year determined by the GPS system in your car."

Not happening.

Tolls seems to be a reality more and more. Old style tolls would help ease traffic but high speed tolls no. Im Not sure how this high speed toll would help traffic or stop folks from using the road, so i am against both these poposals.

All our rates, taxes, and bills go up & up overtime. We dont need an "additional" bill like the mileage fee. Rediculous

Old 07-29-2015, 07:50 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,419,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
"There’s another way being discussed for the state to get its hand into your pocket: “mileage fees.” The new tax would be assessed on drivers according to the number of miles they drive in a year determined by the GPS system in your car."

Not happening.

Tolls seems to be a reality more and more. Old style tolls would help ease traffic but high speed tolls no. Im Not sure how this high speed toll would help traffic or stop folks from using the road, so i am against both these poposals.

All our rates, taxes, and bills go up & up overtime. We dont need an "additional" mileage fee bill. Rediculous
Fortunately as these liberal states become more extreme, the backlash will happen. Everything IS cyclical, after all. This will only speed up the cycle.

My car doesn't have a GPS. If it did have a GPS, I would tell the CT tax office to GFTS's. If they installed one, I would tamper with it. I will cover my license plate. I will lie about my miles on a form. I will crack my dashboard and remove the mileage gauge if I have to. I will not pay a dime. I will let these pieces of garbage drag me out of my house at gun point and throw me in jail. I AM DONE, with this state.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:09 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,228,187 times
There seriously needs to be an uprising, violent or otherwise. GPS systems should be disabled (or smashed, I'm so angry right now ...) and rocks should be constantly thrown at the cameras by the citizens.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalally View Post
there seriously needs to be an uprising, violent or otherwise. Gps systems should be disabled (or smashed, i'm so angry right now ...) and rocks should be constantly thrown at the cameras by the citizens.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut