Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Effort should be judged objectively using things like average hours worked for say, prior 5 years, per adult looking to use OTHER people's money. Then give those who work too little and mooch too much one year to raise hours worked to say, the US BLS average of about 32.4. If they fail, wish them well, but cut off sustaining them via other productive folk's $$$$$.

Yes I'd take a kid out of an environment w/o a working adult role model year in, year out. In such an atmosphere, the kid will repeat the same cycle of dependence on others.
And where do you think all these kids would go? This plan is pure genius from another small government conservative. Small Government! But let's start an entire bureaucracy to measure laziness among the poor and then for the most lazy, take away their kids... That'll teach 'em.. right?

You people are too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 06:00 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Effort should be judged objectively using things like average hours worked for say, prior 5 years, per adult looking to use OTHER people's money. Then give those who work too little and mooch too much one year to raise hours worked to say, the US BLS average of about 32.4. If they fail, wish them well, but cut off sustaining them via other productive folk's $$$$$.

Yes I'd take a kid out of an environment w/o a working adult role model year in, year out. In such an atmosphere, the kid will repeat the same cycle of dependence on others.

And you would have the same look back period for corporate welfare ?

I want to look back on a corporations financial statements for the last 5 years. If they have paid dividends and/or bought treasury stock they would automatically be excluded from corporate welfare. I would also like to know how many jobs they have sent overseas.

IF a citizen can be subject to a look back period why not a corporation too? They are always talking about how they are "persons." Or maybe the corporations only want to be persons when its convenient.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:06 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And where do you think all these kids would go? This plan is pure genius from another small government conservative. Small Government! But let's start an entire bureaucracy to measure laziness among the poor and then for the most lazy, take away their kids... That'll teach 'em.. right?

You people are too much.
Mlassoff you have put forth a valiant effort with these guys, but at this point you might as well give up. It's a lost cause. They will never understand until tragedy strikes them or a person close to them. And some people are actually blessed enough to go thru their entire lives not to ever be affected by tragedy. Perhaps they will be some of those people.

I also said way back at some point on this forum that if they want to know how easy welfare is and how easy it is to qualify they can call 211 in CT and have all the forms sent to their house to fill out. They will be in for a rude awakening.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:22 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
And you would have the same look back period for corporate welfare ?

I want to look back on a corporations financial statements for the last 5 years. If they have paid dividends and/or bought treasury stock they would automatically be excluded from corporate welfare. I would also like to know how many jobs they have sent overseas.

IF a citizen can be subject to a look back period why not a corporation too? They are always talking about how they are "persons." Or maybe the corporations only want to be persons when its convenient.
Corps do not get welfare. They get incentives to create jobs. That makes it an exchange, corp gives job opps, state gives incentives to do so.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:

You people are too much.
adoption, as, for the 1st time for many, they will witness adults who work.

PS: Mlassoff, it would not require a new bureaucracy. Each quarter, all corps report earnings by employee with the corp's ID # to the Dept of Special Revenue. There is no reason the requirement could not be amended to include hours.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post

I have nothing but the highest respect for people who make it in this world with less than me. Ohhh, you must be talking about my disdain for the majority of the lazy, unethical welfare class that steals subsidized money from their kids to use for themselves...I guess your hyper liberal views of doling out billions in tax payer money to a large majority that will provide zero societal return (often even the opposite) prevents you from discerning the two fundamentally different classes: givers and takers.

Great Post!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:51 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
adoption, as, for the 1st time for many, they will witness adults who work.

PS: Mlassoff, it would not require a new bureaucracy. Each quarter, all corps report earnings by employee with the corp's ID # to the Dept of Special Revenue. There is no reason the requirement could not be amended to include hours.
This "plan" is so half-baked and foolhardy I don't know why I am responding. I think I am floored by the mean-spirited purposeful naïveté. You have to work x numbers of hours a week to keep your own children? I am absolutely flabbergasted.

There aren't enough adoptive parents now. Kids languish in foster care unless they are infants and perfect (and unfortunately, white)

Old 08-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
This "plan" is so half-baked and foolhardy I don't know why I am responding. I think I am floored by the mean-spirited purposeful naïveté. You have to work x numbers of hours a week to keep your own children? I am absolutely flabbergasted.

There aren't enough adoptive parents now. Kids languish in foster care unless they are infants and perfect (and unfortunately, white)
As opposed to staying with parents who never work, you bet.

Although Daniel Patrick Moynihan talked about crime, he also spoke about the breaking apart of the nuclear , functional family, and working parents are front and center critical components of that. Defining Deviancy Down was truly about societal norms fraying and being dissed. When that happened, disfunction spread rapidly, and it is a way of life in poverty stricken regions, generation after generation.

Andrew Karmen - "Defining Deviancy Down": How Senator Moynihan's Misleading Phrase About Criminal Justice Is Rapidly Being Incorporated Into Popular Culture - JCJPC - Volume 2, Issue 5

Old 08-12-2015, 10:12 PM

6,586 posts, read 4,972,969 times
If you don't make money on the books (or at all), assistance is not that hard to get. It's more difficult if you are a sole proprietor and have some sort of income.

There are so many things that can be done on the state/town level. Clean parks and roads just to name two. No reason why people on assistance can't put in some time for their money.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:57 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is Connecticut car taxes. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut