Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 03:41 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times

Advertisements

Wilton to Route 7 is a traffic nightmare though ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 03:50 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
As are Newtown, ... Monroe ...
It's not I-95 level congestion but Route 25 can be annoyingly busy and slow. Just try a left turn onto it during early morning or late afternoon.

But it wouldn't have to be. It's because the expressway version of 25 was killed.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:52 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
It's not I-95 level congestion but Route 25 can be annoyingly busy and slow. Just try a left turn onto it during early morning or late afternoon.

But it wouldn't have to be. It's because the expressway version of 25 was killed.
There's plenty of backroads to get around this, in that area, however. There's two connections that will actually take you all the way down to Easton/Fairfield, pretty quickly.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:34 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
There's plenty of backroads to get around this, in that area, however. There's two connections that will actually take you all the way down to Easton/Fairfield, pretty quickly.
The back have the advantage of being predictable in time. But they are (for major destinations) indirect and slow; also, connectivity between roads is poor. That said, I used them a lot because I hated the Merritt and the other main roads. I think I eventually drove every plausible route that existed between Stamford and northern FFC.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 PM

211 posts, read 211,913 times
Default What's the most boring place in Connecticut? Is it New Britain?

I feel it is.
Absolutely nothing to do for anyone who isn't married with kids.
And if you're gay, forget about it. You might as well go into a coma for all the action you're gonna get. And by "action" I don't mean sex...I just mean socializing, bars, concerts, political activism, etc.
Hartford is a tad more interesting, but not by much.
New York is right next door, but as we all know, it's ridiculously expensive to live in the Big Apple.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:49 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,220 times
Already a thread on this….

Most Boring Places in CT

Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,204 times
I hear there's some action near Columbus, Ohio. and I know just the guy for you....

When you get there, find the office building that serves the best tekka maki hand roll this side of the Mason-Dixon line and you will know you're at the right place. Proceed to the 3rd floor, ask for "Nep". Tell him CT sent ya.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:52 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,185,280 times
Um New Haven is a short trip away, and much cheaper for a night out than NYC (and in my well versed opinion more fun). New Britain is alright, if you want boring there's always a place called the "Quiet Corner."

Old 09-11-2015, 07:40 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWTEBO View Post
I feel it is.
Absolutely nothing to do for anyone who isn't married with kids.
And if you're gay, forget about it. You might as well go into a coma for all the action you're gonna get. And by "action" I don't mean sex...I just mean socializing, bars, concerts, political activism, etc.
Hartford is a tad more interesting, but not by much.
New York is right next door, but as we all know, it's ridiculously expensive to live in the Big Apple.
There used to be a pretty busy club there - I remember seeing Green Day once before they got really big. I'm sure I saw a few others there as well... but, this was back in the 1990s. Is the club still there?

If not, New Britain is small area-wise, so it's a very short drive (or Fast Trak) to West Hartford, Middletown or Hartford. Well, not sure if you can Fast Trak to Middletown.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:28 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
New Britain is a small city so of course there is not a big gay scene there. You have to go to a larger city like Hartford or New Haven for that. This is not just true here in Connecticut, it is true across the country. I suggest that you consider moving to one of them or even a town like West Hartford where there is more going on. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut