Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 05:56 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newerabuzz View Post
Lets factor in two variables that are quantifiable: A historic El Nino- more powerful then the 1997-98 event- and carbon levels in the atmosphere. In 1998 C02 levels in the atmosphere stood at around 360ppm- today they stand at 400ppm. The level of warmth in the atmosphere and the oceans has not been this high in at least 3.5 million years- I will go out on a ledge here and predict a mild winter with under 30 inches of snow, 2015 will likely be the warmest year on record by far- exceeding 2014 by a large margin- temperatures are now 1 degree C above the pre industrial level.- as the years go by, winters will become milder then today. By 2035 winters in the Hartford area will resemble present day Washington DC.
Ridiculous, but comical, comments. Wont even entertain it. Our winters have gotten colder and snowier recently while your poor excuse of CO2 levels gone up.

Temps... Down.

Snowfall... up

The End.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 10:20 AM

304 posts, read 397,009 times
show me peer reviewed science- 2015 warmest year on record- NOAA with 1.5 months to go.
C02 at 400ppm- we are now 1 degree C above the pre industrial level. You had 2 winters with cold and snow- hardly enough data over 30 years to say 'our winters have become colder and snowier' . Look at the records over 30 years. You moderate this site? Lets look at the data-

Old 11-21-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
In 1998 C02 levels in the atmosphere stood at around 360ppm- today they stand at 400ppm. .
Quote:
. Look at the records over 30 years. You moderate this site? Lets look at the data-
You mentioned CO2 aince 1998. And I showed our temps and snow since 1990. Pure data where we live, not India, Germany, Pacific, or budapest which are included in the "global temps". Lets focus on where we live which is more important and stop focusing on the fear mongering stuff. Cant fight the fact we been getting colder and snowier lately in winter.

And I already pointed out NASA mentioned "we're cooling" globally since 2000 (peer reviewed). Gotta do the homework before you believe any side of things. Let me know if you need access to real studies done.

Also.. take note of the scales next time.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:05 PM

Show me where NASA says we are cooling globally.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:36 PM

NASA Reports Astonishing Uptick In Surface Temperature – Greg Laden's Blog

Old 11-21-2015, 02:20 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Cambum, gotta agree with him on this one. I've never seen anything (and certainly not from NASA) saying we are cooling globally. From an environment standpoint, global is whats important. I believe those CT stats you posted about colder winters, but what about overall annual average temp? Is that down too? I read somewhere that only the northeast US, Siberia and parts of Antarctica have cooled since 1990.

The only thing i've read supporting cooling even remotely is some studies saying that temps in a certain level of the atmosphere that is recorded by satellites have remained unchanged since 1998 after warming from 1980 to 1998

Old 11-21-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Cambum, gotta agree with him on this one.
Of course you would.

Quote:
They are blaming the volcanoes. More importantly the acknowledgment of the "decreasing" of global temps for almost 2 decades (15yrs)

https://www.facebook.com/NASAEarthOb...567139/?type=1

And here's what Pinatubo did.
And a 0.1 increase since 1990. Scary.

Data Graphs

Old 11-21-2015, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,485 times
Quote:
show me peer reviewed science- 2015 warmest year on record- NOAA with 1.5 months to go.
C02 at 400ppm- we are now 1 degree C above the pre industrial level. You had 2 winters with cold and snow- hardly enough data over 30 years to say 'our winters have become colder and snowier' . Look at the records over 30 years. You moderate this site? Lets look at the data-
You have to understand that there are people who wait 9 months through the heat of summer for the 90 days of winter. Strange as it may sound to normal people...these people don't want to hear sunny and 50 F

Otherwise, of course I agree with you, two years means nothing.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:48 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,944 times
Quote:
I read somewhere that if you take into account the uncertainty in these measurements it wasn't the hottest year on record. We are talking about fractions of a degree and the truth is we can't even make measurements at that level of detail.

Also you have to realize that the scientists have altered the data to match their models. Also the models have failed to predict warming.

But you can still rant all you want about global warming facts. The truth is global warming is a risk however the left treats it as a religion. Why not get a hobby instead of this infatuation with government power?

Old 11-22-2015, 05:25 AM

I provided the link above from NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies going back to 1880- look at the link and the data please before commenting- lets debate numbers and facts- not opinions.

October 2015 was the Warmest Month in the Entire NASA Dabase

Now, NASA GISS, which also keeps track of these things, has come out with their numbers. The predictions from experts like John Abraham indicated that October 2015 might be in the 90s (that’s the anomaly value used by them, and that I use in the graphs here). If the temperature anomaly were to be high enough in the 90s, it would equal or break the record for warmest month ever in the entire direct temperature measurement database.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/20...e-temperature/

http://climate.nasa.gov/

Global temperatures have now risen 1 degree Celsius above the preindustrial level- we are now half way to 2 degrees- which climate negotiators will try and get pledges from nations this week in Paris. C02 will now stay above 400ppm likely for the rest of time anyone on the planet who is now alive.

C02 over the last 800,000 years have stayed in a tight range- 180ppm during an ice age (there have been 8 of them) and risen to 280ppm during milder interglacials. These changes where caused by orbital variations (Milankovitch cycles) Causing the earth to warm and cool through positive and negative feed back loops over thousands of years.

C02 has now risen over 120ppm since 1880- and 87ppm since Charles Keeling invented the Keeling curve in 1958- https://scripps.ucsd.edu/programs/keelingcurve/

NASA GISS official site http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Please show your graphs with the NASA logo please. Links as well. Its too bad that you continue to provide to the Connecticut site misinformation based on political beliefs.

Last edited by newerabuzz; 11-22-2015 at 05:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut