Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To Win?
Donald Trump 44 45.83%
Jeb Bush 1 1.04%
Scott Walker 1 1.04%
Mike Huckabee 0 0%
Ben Carson 1 1.04%
Ted Cruz 8 8.33%
Marco Rubio 13 13.54%
Rand Paul 4 4.17%
Chris Christie 5 5.21%
John Kasich 5 5.21%
Other 14 14.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:07 PM

34,745 posts, read 56,555,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Because the politically correct crowd is ruining what made America great. He tells America what every other politician thinks, D and R, but is afraid to say. Yes he said some questionable things, but it's more in his word choice than anything. He is also completely attacked by the media (whens the last time you saw the "moderator" of a debate question/make accusations about a president's character like Megyn Kelly). CNN/MSNBC will do ANYTHING to bash him, because he calls them out on their BS. They're terrified of a Trump presidency because, again, they won't be able to get away with their sensationalism the way they do under Obama (and did under Bush). People always say "I'm so tired of career politicians, we need someone new", but when you have your typical, average American the same people say "he has no experience!". Which one is it??

I for one, would happily vote for Trump.
Sorry but I don't get the feeling that Trump is out to help anyone other than himself. He is proposing big tax cuts for the rich which we just can't afford. He blows off his big mouth and gets us into hot water with our allies. He would make a horrible President IMHO. I just can't vote for him. Jay

Old 12-29-2015, 02:32 PM

21,582 posts, read 31,010,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Sorry but I don't get the feeling that Trump is out to help anyone other than himself. He is proposing big tax cuts for the rich which we just can't afford. He blows off his big mouth and gets us into hot water with our allies. He would make a horrible President IMHO. I just can't vote for him. Jay
I can. While I was a fan of Fiorina, I just don't see it happening for her. I don't agree with Trumps idea of banning Muslim entry to the US, but I do appreciate his calling out the media and non-PC statements which, I think, is really putting hardworking people in this country at a disadvantage. We do need to be viewed favorably on an international level, however not at the expense of our national security and immigration. If Trump gives the rest of the world an unfavorable view of us, but helps us here at home, then so be it.

I can't think of any reason anyone should vote for Clinton. Her holier than thou, smug attitude and her blatant dishonesty absolutely disgusts me. At least Trump is honest!

Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM

678 posts, read 842,049 times
I don't under the war on PC and why it's such a hot topic the past few years. It's like children are telling their parents something isn't proper and the adults feel threatened to how they saw their lives.

Honestly, it's called shredding ignorance. Nothing wrong with that. As people become more educated, we become more aware of history, minorities/cultures, and science.

Now, I'll admit sometimes it's taken too far, but, that's not usually the case.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:27 PM

4,400 posts, read 3,291,104 times
Quote:
Because the politically correct crowd is ruining what made America great. He tells America what every other politician thinks, D and R, but is afraid to say. Yes he said some questionable things, but it's more in his word choice than anything. He is also completely attacked by the media (whens the last time you saw the "moderator" of a debate question/make accusations about a president's character like Megyn Kelly). CNN/MSNBC will do ANYTHING to bash him, because he calls them out on their BS. They're terrified of a Trump presidency because, again, they won't be able to get away with their sensationalism the way they do under Obama (and did under Bush). People always say "I'm so tired of career politicians, we need someone new", but when you have your typical, average American the same people say "he has no experience!". Which one is it??

I for one, would happily vote for Trump.
Did you hear Donald Trump use the word "schlonged" when he referred to Clinton and Obama. I am embarrassed to write that word on an anonymous website let alone say it in public on TV for all the world to see.

Do you really want a president who uses words like schlonged in general conversation when conversing to other heads of state or at the UN etc?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:29 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,075,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Did you hear Donald Trump use the word "schlonged" when he referred to Clinton and Obama. I am embarrassed to write that word on an anonymous website let alone say it in public on TV for all the world to see.

Do you really want a president who uses words like schlonged in general conversation when conversing to other heads of state or at the UN etc?
Honestly, I don't really care as long as he does what he says he's going to do.... words like that don't hurt my feelings...

Old 12-29-2015, 04:09 PM

830 posts, read 679,878 times
Pataki is done. Even though Pataki never had a chance, I thought he was one of the better candidates. I think we have 11 people now?

Pataki to end presidential campaign - The Boston Globe

Old 12-29-2015, 06:16 PM

4,400 posts, read 3,291,104 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't really care as long as he does what he says he's going to do.... words like that don't hurt my feelings...
It has nothing to do with hurting your feelings but it has everything to do with the decorum and class of our president and the man or woman who represents ALL OF US on the world stage.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:08 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,075,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
It has nothing to do with hurting your feelings but it has everything to do with the decorum and class of our president and the man or woman who represents ALL OF US on the world stage.
CLASS? You think the president we have has class?

Look up his premature comment's he's made regarding Cambridge MA police, calling them "stupid", or saying Trayvon Martin "could've been my son".... when the kid was on drugs. How about the backhanded "salutes" he gives service members greeting him...

You want to get on a candidate for class...start with our current president.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:52 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,467,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
Pataki is done. Even though Pataki never had a chance, I thought he was one of the better candidates. I think we have 11 people now?

Pataki to end presidential campaign - The Boston Globe
Who?
Btw, I was the only person to vote for Carson on this poll.

My mistake. I cast that vote before he went off the looney side. I rescind my vote.

I'm looking at a couple of people. Not sure yet but I can tell you it will not be sanders or Clinton (unless we are talking about Bill Clinton)

Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,091,566 times
These two incidents certainly give evidence of Obama having a more African American perspective. I don't know what they have to do with class...

You really want to compare Obama and Trump when it comes to decorum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut