U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 12:36 PM

2,971 posts, read 2,022,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It looks like a developer is getting ready to covert a couple of old factories on Railroad Avenue in the West End to lofts. This should be a great boost to the area. Many of those old buildings are pretty neat with a lot of great space. Hopefully more of these buildings around the city will follow suit. Jay

Construction near on blighted Bridgeport buildings - Connecticut Post
It's about time these things get going in town, better than what's there, can't hurt.
Too bad the eastern side is too far gone though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 03:08 PM

24,570 posts, read 40,130,038 times
Looks like Paul Kuchma is putting up another great project downtown. Very attractive architecture. Should add to an already improving neighborhood. Jay

New downtown Bridgeport construction planned - Connecticut Post

Old 09-17-2015, 01:47 PM

A long time Bridgeport business, Wade's Dairy, is looking to expand in the city. Should be a nice boost for the East End and hopefully will mean more jobs. Jay

Bridgeport

Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 PM

209 posts, read 225,548 times
I think it's Phil Kuchma.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Watkins View Post
I think it's Phil Kuchma.
You are right. Jay

Old 09-20-2015, 10:56 AM

2,643 posts, read 1,882,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Do you even know anything about Bridgeport? Bridgeport has a lot of great neighborhoods. Black Rock is an attractive urban village with many nice shops and restaurants, a stunning waterfront park and beautiful homes overlooking Long Island Sound. Waterbury has nothing comparable. Bridgeports North End is a very nice section with a lot of nice single and multi family homes. This section makes up a good quarter of the city. The Beardsley Park neighborhood is also very nice with many nice homes adjacent to beautiful Beardsley Park and Zoo. Bridgeport also has the University of Bridgeport and a portion of Sacred Heart University. And there is also the wonderful Downtown Caberet Theater for shows and the Klein Memorial for cultural events. Plus Bridgeport has direct train access to New York which Waterbury does not have. Jay
Waterbury doesn't have a trendy area like Black Rock, but most of the city is residential and as nice as some of Bridgeport's great neighborhoods. Yes there isn't the direct access to NYC (just a change in Bridgeport required), but I'll deal with that rather than the crime and gangs that Bridgeport endures.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:59 AM

2,005 posts, read 1,365,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Waterbury doesn't have a trendy area like Black Rock, but most of the city is residential and as nice as some of Bridgeport's great neighborhoods. Yes there isn't the direct access to NYC (just a change in Bridgeport required), but I'll deal with that rather than the crime and gangs that Bridgeport endures.
Me too…. Waterbury can be trashy but it's not nearly as dangerous as Bridgeport…. but I'm sure certain posters will come up with an excuse to defend Bridgeport...

Old 09-20-2015, 12:01 PM

8,224 posts, read 4,145,516 times
Waterbury has great potential to change and be redeveloped out of most of the major cities. Could it attract a sports team maybe I mean it be a great place to build a soccer stadium at Municipal Stadium. However, downtown definitely has a chance to experience a rebirth. Though Waterbury does have some sketchy area's and area's to avoid. The mall I think they need to do something to that mall I am sorry. Only good thing about the mall provides awesome shelter for the homeless.

However, they rebuilt new houses where the housing authority is.

Reidville drive is changing mean the I84 construction is making it look hetic. However, before BJs there is an antique store with this new plaza. Also Texas Roadhouse.

A few decent wedding venues in Waterbury.

Hotels some are okay

The old mall plaza probably needs an update.

You have NVCC beautiful and amazing CC. You have UCONN and Bridgeport University.

Town Plot and the Historic District are beautiful in Waterbury. However, kind of near or being integrated is some bad area's in these area's unfortunately. Like in Town Plot what use to be nice apartments aa been a haven for substance user's they had a meth explosion year's back. Also a murder

Few breweries and a chocolate factory in Waterbury.

Too many bakeries ha.

Though in regards to safety um Waterbury has had some creepy crime...the knife/leg grab slasher, the route 8 serial killer, the person who murdered the people in New Britain, and recently a possible serial arsonist.

Think more park's be nice. However, a huge issue is trash a lot of littering goes on, drug use, and illicit activities (However, cop's been cracking down on that a lot at Library Park.)

Also the library needs huge revamping and the train station as well.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:09 PM

854 posts, read 895,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Though in regards to safety um Waterbury has had some creepy crime...the knife/leg grab slasher, the route 8 serial killer, the person who murdered the people in New Britain, and recently a possible serial arsonist.
Don't forget about this guy:

Waterbury Slaying: Waterbury Man Sentenced In Holy Land USA Killing - tribunedigital-thecourant

Old 09-23-2015, 07:10 AM

Please return to the topic of the OP which is development in Bridgeport. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or