Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:45 PM

116 posts, read 217,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I know that this will happen so I am extra cautious at these intersections. When a car does try and go out of turn, I start to go through the intersection but stop so there is no accident but then lay on the horn so the other driver knows he/she was in the wrong. Usually startles them which is the point. I also once followed a car to their destination because they did this at a couple of intersections. I pulled in behind the woman, rolled down my window and told her she did not properly stop at the two intersections. She did not know what to say. I told her to not do it anymore or she is going to cause an accident. I also reported her plate number to the police department. Imagine my surprise when I met this woman again several months later. She was the wife of a coworker. Did not say a word to her about the incident. LOL. Jay

I wouldn't be so proud of your behavior. I would report you to police for road rage and for stalking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 09:20 PM

6,459 posts, read 4,856,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasyncp17 View Post
More frustrating than people going out of turn are the people that hesitate when it's clearly their turn. It usually plays out something like this:

You pull up to an intersection with someone that was clearly there before you.
They stare at you.
You stare at them.
You realize they aren't going to go so you start to ease out.
They then start to ease out as well, so you stop because it was their turn to begin with.
They stop because they're stupid.
Do this a few more times.
Get totally pissed off and fly through the intersection giving the person the stink eye.
Even better when someone is at a complete stop before you get there. You come to a stop expecting they will be moving by the time you stop. Nope they are still stopped. Then they motion you through. Then they flash their lights. Now they are frantically waving you to go. Meanwhile, they could've been long gone, as well as you by now.

I wish I knew what train of though these people are using. Or maybe I dont

I could write a book on the weird driving issues I've seen in the past few years. It's like everyone has taken play it forward to the next level and driving is no longer by the rules and predictable.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:54 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,069,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I know that this will happen so I am extra cautious at these intersections. When a car does try and go out of turn, I start to go through the intersection but stop so there is no accident but then lay on the horn so the other driver knows he/she was in the wrong. Usually startles them which is the point. I also once followed a car to their destination because they did this at a couple of intersections. I pulled in behind the woman, rolled down my window and told her she did not properly stop at the two intersections. She did not know what to say. I told her to not do it anymore or she is going to cause an accident. I also reported her plate number to the police department. Imagine my surprise when I met this woman again several months later. She was the wife of a coworker. Did not say a word to her about the incident. LOL. Jay
So first you go out of your way to startle someone who is driving a 3500 lb machine. Then you follow someone to their destination to confront them about their driving behavior? Dude…..control the road rage...

Old 09-19-2015, 10:55 AM

9,842 posts, read 7,582,672 times
I think my biggest gripe is mopeds and motor bikes. I can stand motorcycles to a point, still fathoms me how some rider's wear little clothing. Anywho motor bikes making 3 lanes on a 2 lane road I worry if I hit them then what. Then them doing handstands on their bikes, superman's, wheelies, and so forth ugh it's annoying. Mopeds seen a surge of them they're annoying. Do you count them as car's on the road always pass them.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Anything wheeled on the road has to obey automobile rules. That includes mopeds and bicycles. They have to stay to the right if they can't keep up with traffic, but they have the full right to sit in a turn lane at lights (i.e. if they are taking a left turn, or if there is a right turn only lane and they are going straight). In the second example, they would again be legal to either sit in the actual traffic lane going straight, or right on the line between the straight lane and the right turn only lane.

As long as they obey the rules of the road, there is no reason why they should be annoying anyone.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:20 AM

I look at mopeds aa bicycles. I mean if I come to a turn will give them right of way if they have it. However, will pass them safely on the road when I can. Most of the times they stay to the far right of the road close to the curb.

However, motor bikes seen too many thing's can't fathom on them. Seen an army of them with low riders at midnight doing wheelies taking over a street up to 60 to 100 mix of bikes and cars. Zipping down the middle of a two lane highway. Idling in the middle of a two way stop to cut people off.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I think my biggest gripe is mopeds and motor bikes. I can stand motorcycles to a point, still fathoms me how some rider's wear little clothing. Anywho motor bikes making 3 lanes on a 2 lane road I worry if I hit them then what. Then them doing handstands on their bikes, superman's, wheelies, and so forth ugh it's annoying. Mopeds seen a surge of them they're annoying. Do you count them as car's on the road always pass them.
You pretty much contradicted yourself about mopeds in your posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I look at mopeds aa bicycles. I mean if I come to a turn will give them right of way if they have it. However, will pass them safely on the road when I can. Most of the times they stay to the far right of the road close to the curb.

However, motor bikes seen too many thing's can't fathom on them. Seen an army of them with low riders at midnight doing wheelies taking over a street up to 60 to 100 mix of bikes and cars. Zipping down the middle of a two lane highway. Idling in the middle of a two way stop to cut people off.
Yes, the motorcycles that weave in and out like crazy and do wheelies are a little nuts. They can always take it to the track where they can do that legally without endangering others...... but they won't.

Mopeds end up being like bicycles because they can't keep up with traffic most of the time.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Trust me some mopeds don't move over ha. It's annoying feel like I'm in Block Island, but I am not ha.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:23 PM

34,636 posts, read 56,391,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
So first you go out of your way to startle someone who is driving a 3500 lb machine. Then you follow someone to their destination to confront them about their driving behavior? Dude…..control the road rage...
It was not road rage at all. I simply followed them a couple of blocks and told her I saw what she did. She was the one breaking the law, not me. Kids ride their bikes in that area and I did not want to see a tragedy happen. I just wanted her to know that she could not get away with doing that. Hopefully she got the message. Jay

Old 09-19-2015, 12:28 PM

Our condo has had a fair share of kids on bikes. New batch of kids better than the rest. They actually move if a car is coming and won't hit your car with their bikes or bats or baseball. Remember one parent complained when their child rode their bike into a parked car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut